UBS Financial Services Business Analyst – Data Lineage Management in New York, New York
Business Analyst – Data Lineage Management
United States - New York
Job Reference #:
Are you a strong communicator? Are you highly organized? We are looking for someone to:
• Establish relationships across the organization to understand, interpret and document the bank's data flows, in line with the DMO methodology and framework
• Work with Business and IT SMEs to define the bank's data, in line with our enterprise wide 'data language'
• Identify and document the key controls that exist along these data flows that maintain the integrity of the data. Facilitate control framework assessments and ensure known gaps or issues are documented
• Continued collaboration with other DMO teams to ensure a comprehensive 'front to back' picture is completed
• Present back findings to executive management, both 1:1 and through existing governance forums, to confirm understanding and obtain ratification
• Maintain an excellent standard for all aspects of project delivery and governance, including planning, status reporting and risk management.
The Data Management Office (DMO) sits in Group Operations within Shared Services Operations.
The DMO is working with subject matter experts (SMEs) across every Division and Function in the UBS Group to map the key regulatory data flows of the bank so that we can build up UBS' Group Data Dictionary.
Moving into 2019 is an exciting time for the DMO, as we start to embed a culture of Data Management in to the organisation. Our team are advocates for our strategy, proactively challenging our ways of working and striving to improve our processes.
This open role exists within one of our divisionally or functionally aligned teams. This team works directly with business and IT SMEs across all products to understand and document the key regulatory data flows within that area. They use an agreed framework and methodology to identify the data that is material to UBS; define it using a common enterprise wide data language; identify the controls that are in place to ensure its integrity and embed accountability through the identification and assignation of Data Owners.
Your team will be made up of about 5 - 10 people. Collaboration is in our nature, your team will bring you up to speed on our framework and methodology, be there to bounce ideas off and be your ongoing support network.
The DMO is made up of approximately 100 people in total, comprising UBS permanent staff, contractors and consultants. The team are primarily located in London, with teams in Weehawken, Zurich and Bangalore.
• Excellent analysis and documentation skills
• Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, both written and oral
• Ability to support and adopt within a changing environment
• Educated to degree level (or equivalent work experience)
• At least 1 year of experience in Financial Services, Consultancy or Data within other Industries
• Knowledge of Banking or Capital Markets and familiar with current regulations such as BCBS 239, IFRS, CCAR (desirable)
• An understanding of application data governance and data management (desirable)
• Team player with flexible and adaptable approach to work, and a motivated self-starter
• Excellent organisational skills, with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• A strong communicator, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels; candidate will be dealing with stakeholders of different degree of seniority (up to Managing Director and Executive Director)
• Methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail
• Quick learner, ability to grasp new concepts easily
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.