UBS Financial Services Equity Research Associate - Life Sciences in New York, New York
Equity Research Associate - Life Sciences
United States - New York
Job Reference #:
Are you gifted at assessing value and risk? Do you have a strong interest in analyzing companies? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
• work closely with a Healthcare analyst and a research associate in a variety of different roles
• assist in the construction, accuracy and maintenance of detailed financial models
• draft individual company and sector-wide research reports
• analyze industry data as part of the investment research process
• conduct extensive valuation analysis on stocks in the Life Sciences sector
• communicate with institutional and internal clients to convey investment recommendations and ideas
• create exhibits and presentations for sales and clients
• update and maintain analyst marketing presentations
• collaborate across the US & Global Healthcare teams at UBS to help produce provocative, forward looking research
You’ll be working in the Global Research – Life Sciences team in New York, NY. You'll be part of a collaborative team led by the Lead Analyst who has extensive sell- and buy-side experience. It is a tremendous opportunity to be part of a dynamic team in an exciting sector where the lead analyst will have a vested interest in your development and success.
• Bachelor's degree or international equivalent in Finance, Economics or Accounting
• a very strong work ethic and a desire to perform at a very high level
• strong understanding of accounting, including financial statement analysis
• extensive experience building & maintaining financial models
• extensive experience writing research reports
• the ability to perform under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines
• a strong record of academic achievement
• experience in evaluating companies
• solid know-how of Microsoft Excel
• a self-starter who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced, challenging environment
• an excellent communicator
• inquisitive, organized and detail oriented
• a person who 'thinks like an owner' and wants to help drive the growth and success of this research franchise
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.