UBS Financial Services Family Office Governance Specialist in New York, New York
We are seeking an experienced professional to join the UBS Family and
Philanthropy Advisory Americas team serving our ultra high net worth (UHNW)
clients and their Advisors in the Americas region. The Family Office
Governance Specialist will drive the process of refining and implementing a
framework and suite of services available. The Specialist will act as the inhouse
subject matter expert and consultant in the family office space including
but not limited to: development of value proposition, best practices, thought
leadership, etc. The Specialist will serve as the primary educator for colleagues
across the firm, clients and prospects.
• Lead the development and implementation of a high-end scalable suite of
services focused in the family office space such as governance &
structure, design, operational best practices, strategy
• Act as the subject matter expert servicing Advisors and their existing and
• Align offering with counterparts in Europe, APAC, and Latin America
• Working with Advisors, meet with existing and prospective clients on a
consultative basis to assess their needs and offer solutions (in-house
and/or external partners)
• Develop a strategy to educate business partners and other colleagues on
family office governance and solutions provided
• Support retention of significant FO and UHNW clients
• In conjunction with the Business Development & Marketing team within
Family and Philanthropy Advisory Americas, develop and support
workshops for clients and Advisors/Field management, publish
whitepapers and other materials related to the FO space
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Family Advisory and Philanthropy Services Americas is a thought-partner to
families with significant means that helps our clients not only taking a strategic
approach to managing wealth for continuity as well as promoting
intergenerational dialogue, turning family values into a shared vision, and other
aspects of human, social and intellectual capital.
In addition, you will also be part of the newly created Family Office Solutions
Group (FOSG), comprising senior products experts from different areas and
dedicated to serving 100m+ clients. You will partner with Private Wealth
Advisors to proactively engage UHNW clients and prospects. You will have
dual reporting lines to both the head of the Family Advisory and Philanthropy
Services team as well as to the FOSG head.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Demonstrated 15 years+ relevant experience in advising UHNW clients in
family office governance, wealth planning, corporate governance, strategic
consulting, been involved in operationally setting up a family office or
worked in a family office or family business context
• Experience working in a single family office
• Possess effective communication, influencing and presentation skills and
ability to engage at all levels, building and maintaining relationships
internally and externally
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently and manage ambiguity
• Possess strong work ethic, integrity and discipline
• Strong leadership and negotiation skills
• Has the ability to travel extensively within the region
• FINRA licenses 7, 66 (or 63 and 65) or ability to obtain within required
• Designations or advanced degree (CPA, JD, CFA, CFP) desired but not
• Bi/Trilingual English, Spanish and/or German a plus
• Bachelor's degree
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 186112BR
Business Divisions: Global Wealth Management
Title: Family Office Governance Specialist
City: New York
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New York
Function Category: Business development, Product Management and Development, Sales