UBS Financial Services Family Office Governance Specialist in New York, New York
Family Office Governance Specialist
United States - New York
Business development, Product Management and Development, Sales
Global Wealth Management
Job Reference #:
We are seeking an experienced professional to join the UBS Family and Philanthropy Advisory Americas team serving our ultra high net worth (UHNW) clients and their Advisors in the Americas region.
The Family Office Governance Specialist will drive the process of refining and implementing a framework and suite of services available. The Specialist will act as the in-house subject matter expert and consultant in the family office space including but not limited to: development of value proposition, best practices, thought leadership, etc. The Specialist will serve as the primary educator for colleagues across the firm, clients and prospects.
• Lead the development and implementation of a high-end scalable suite of services focused in the family office space such as governance & structure, design, operational best practices, strategy
• Act as the subject matter expert servicing Advisors and their existing and prospective clients
• Align offering with counterparts in Europe, APAC, and Latin America
• Working with Advisors, meet with existing and prospective clients on a consultative basis to assess their needs and offer solutions (in-house and/or external partners)
• Develop a strategy to educate business partners and other colleagues on family office governance and solutions provided
• Support retention of significant FO and UHNW clients
• In conjunction with the Business Development & Marketing team within Family and Philanthropy Advisory Americas, develop and support workshops for clients and Advisors/Field management, publish whitepapers and other materials related to the FO space
Family Advisory and Philanthropy Services Americas is a thought-partner to families with significant means that helps our clients not only taking a strategic approach to managing wealth for continuity as well as promoting
intergenerational dialogue, turning family values into a shared vision, and other aspects of human, social and intellectual capital.
In addition, you will also be part of the newly created Family Office Solutions Group (FOSG), comprising senior products experts from different areas and
dedicated to serving 100m+ clients. You will partner with Private Wealth Advisors to proactively engage UHNW clients and prospects. You will have dual reporting lines to both the head of the Family Advisory and Philanthropy
Services team as well as to the FOSG head.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Demonstrated 15 years+ relevant experience in advising UHNW clients in family office governance, wealth planning, corporate governance, strategic consulting, been involved in operationally setting up a family office or
worked in a family office or family business context
• Experience working in a single family office
• Possess effective communication, influencing and presentation skills and ability to engage at all levels, building and maintaining relationships internally and externally
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently and manage ambiguity
• Possess strong work ethic, integrity and discipline
• Strong leadership and negotiation skills
• Has the ability to travel extensively within the region
• FINRA licenses 7, 66 (or 63 and 65) or ability to obtain within required
• Designations or advanced degree (CPA, JD, CFA, CFP) desired but not required
• Bi/Trilingual English, Spanish and/or German a plus
• Bachelor's degree
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.