UBS Financial Services Income Tax Specialist – Family Office Solutions Group in New York, New York
Are you an experienced income tax professional? Does partnering with financial advisors and their largest and best clients on estate and financial planning issues motivate you?
We’re looking for someone like that who can:
•\tenhance the client acquisition, advisement and retention process by contributing sophisticated advice related to income tax planning, wealth transfer and philanthropic planning
•\tmanage Tax Preparation Referral Offering (TPRO), working with UBS Financial Advisors and third party accounting firms to provide tax preparation and advice services to clients.
•\teducate financial advisors and members of the Family Office Solutions Group in the areas of income tax and financial planning
•\tarticulate a concise message to both the client and UBS financial advisor, as an advice provider in a comprehensive wealth planning context
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
As a member of the Family Office Solutions Group (FOSG) [and the Advanced Planning group], you partner with the FOSG team (comprised of other planning, service and product experts) and financial advisors to proactively engage clients and prospects with a net worth of $100mm and above in a dialogue surrounding advanced income tax strategies, and the integration of those strategies with their estate plan and investment portfolios. You will prepare comprehensive analysis and review of a client's income tax planning (on an individual and entity basis), assist clients with establishing family offices, educate clients on opportunities for additional planning, and including a review of estate planning structures. You will serve as a member of UBS's in-house \"think-tank,\" by creating timely articles on income tax planning for internal and external publications and participating in speaking engagements.
• a CFA, JD or CPA
• 8-10 years minimum experience at an accounting firm or in a law firm in private practice; or 5-8 years experience at a law firm or accounting firm plus 2-5 years industry experience
• active Series 7 and 66 (or are required to obtain them within 90 days of hire)
• expertise, skills and experience with the following areas, techniques and strategies: personal income, estate, gift, trust, and partnership tax disciplines; family limited partnerships and LLCs; corporate income tax; advanced wealth transfer planning techniques; philanthropic planning; planning with concentrated stock positions, incentive benefits, non-qualified stock options, incentive stock options, and restricted stock
• expertise in building spreadsheets to model cash flows and income tax consequences based on current and recommended planning
• significant experience working with ultra high net worth clients and family offices
• strong collaboration skills working with internal estate planning attorneys to provide comprehensive tax advice to clients
• a network to participate in external activities that raise the profile of UBS Wealth Management in the ultra-high net worth market, particularly among attorneys and accountants as centers of influence
• Strong knowledge of and adherence to related regulations, compliance policies, desk procedures and guidelines
Preferably you also have:
• additional advanced degrees and other relevant professional certifications such as MS in Tax, LLM, CFP, MBA
• able to interact with senior management, financial advisors , product areas, vendors and field experts
• skilled at working with a high degree of autonomy, set priorities and manage deadlines
• organized and have strong project coordination skills
• a team-player, enthusiastic and positive, polished, poised and professional
• self-motivated and pro-active
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 186562BR
Business Divisions: Global Wealth Management
Title: Income Tax Specialist – Family Office Solutions Group
City: New York
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New York
Function Category: Business development, Client advisory / Relationship management, Product Management and Development