UBS Financial Services Investment Banker – Restructuring in New York, New York
Are you a problem solver? Do you know how to treat clients? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– drive restructuring analysis and execution of client mandates
– manage and support the development of junior investment bankers
– diagnose problems and recommend solutions that are logical and realistic
– assist in identifying, tracking and pitching new client opportunities
– demonstrate flexibility and tolerate changes in methods and approaches
– build strong relationships with internal and external clients
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
As a Director, you’ll be focusing on Restructuring within our M&A team based in New York City. The Restructuring team is a focused client effort for Corporate Client Services within the UBS Investment Bank that works closely with industry groups, M+A, financial sponsors, leveraged finance and equities teams at UBS to execute complex restructuring mandates. Specifically, the team will work across all industries on engagements which include restructuring, distressed M+A, debt and equity capital raising, amendments, exchange offers and more for financially distressed companies, creditors, owners and other key stakeholders in restructuring transactions for public and private companies, both out of court and in bankruptcy.
– a university degree in finance, accounting or law
– 5+ years of experience in restructuring for an investment bank, advisory firm or law firm
– solid financial analysis skills, with the ability to produce accurate presentation material quickly (you get it, and can communicate it to others)
– knowledge of leveraged capital markets, restructuring strategies and tactics
– ability to lead execution of client mandates with oversight from a Managing Director
– an excellent communicator
– a resilient team player, even in challenging circumstances
– a self-starter with initiative ready to help build a new team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 185944BR
Business Divisions: Investment Bank
Title: Investment Banker – Restructuring
City: New York
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New York
Function Category: Investment Banking