UBS Financial Services Liquidity Risk Analyst in New York, New York
Liquidity Risk Analyst
United States - New York
Job Reference #:
Do you have a strong Risk background?
We are looking for someone like this to join our Global Market & Treasury Risk Control (MTRC) on the Liquidity & Funding team as a risk officer focused on Liquidity Risk.
• understand global regulatory requirements and expectations for the firm’s liquidity and funding position
• review and understand the liquidity and funding requirements of the firm
• understand the firm's businesses and how those businesses impact the liquidity and funding position of the firm in a recovery or resolution scenario
• provide independent review, validation and risk management of liquidity and funding models and their assumptions as they relate to the liquidity position of the firm for liquidity stress testing; this includes determining the appropriateness or limitations of the conceptual soundness, calibration and implementation of models/assumptions used for liquidity and funding
• serve as a knowledgeable professional on quantitative, or qualitative, risk modeling and its impacts on liquidity risk management
• prepare validation report(s) for model(s) being validated
• communicate model validation results and debate issues, challenges and methodologies with internal counterparts (model developers, model owners) and present to senior management and key stakeholders
• provide independent assessment of the firm's liquidity and funding risks with respect to Stress and Business as Usual environments
• remain up-to-date on regulatory requirements and follow financial markets and business trends on a frequent basis and analyze how those developments could impact the firms liquidity and funding position
You will be working on the Liquidity & Funding Team of Market & Treasury Risk Control (MTRC) in New York City. As a member of the MTRC Liquidity & Funding team you will be primarily responsible for supporting the independent review of the Firm's liquidity and funding position. Our role is to independently assess the overall liquidity and funding position, prepare regular risk reports and validate liquidity models. You will interact and work in close collaboration on a daily basis, with departments and functions in other locations such as: Group Risk Control, Treasury, Finance functions and ALM. You should be willing to work independently and be able to concurrently manage multiple time-sensitive deliverables.
• a Bachelor's degree in a finance-related area such as Finance, Financial Engineering, Accounting, Economics or a quantitative discipline, e.g. Math/Statistics
• knowledge of liquidity risk management including related risk metrics (e.g. LCR, NSFR Basel III ratios, Stress testing, liquidity modeling, CCAR)
• experience in model design and understanding of statistical concepts
• specific experience in the following areas would be preferred: Liquidity Management, Balance Sheet analysis, modeling, Recovery & Resolution Planning, Basel III/FRTB, and CCAR
• strong quantitative and qualitative skills, ability to synchronize large amounts of data
• excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interface with people at varied skill and levels
• strong analytic capabilities, including ability to summarize complex business problems and detailed analysis with clarity
• ability to communicate well verbally with proficiency drafting complex model validation documents, preferred.
• advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• qualifications such as CFA, PRM, FRM would be considered as a strong asset
• ability to communicate complex or technical information to those with less expertise in a manner they can understand and action on the information
• naturally curious
• quantitatively talented individual
• collaborative and team oriented but able to work independently
• detail and deadline oriented
• able to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.