UBS Financial Services Quantitative Analyst in New York, New York
United States - New York
Equities, Investment Banking, Quantitative Analysis
Job Reference #:
Does complex modeling excite you? Are you an innovative thinker? Are you an expert analyst of trade and market data? Do you have a keen understanding of the market micro-structure space? Are you able to proactively create solutions in response to continuous dynamic changes?
We’re looking for someone like that who will contribute to the Algorithmic Trading product to:
be a subject matter expert in the field of equities algorithmic trading, Americas market structure and transaction cost analysis
serve as a team lead for junior quantitative analysts
perform original research on market microstructure
improve algorithmic strategy performance by developing new and improving existing models
collaborate with other front office personnel and IT to improve algorithmic trading strategies
You’ll be working in the Algorithmic Trading and Analytics group in New York.
We are a global team comprised of Quantitative Analysts, Financial Engineers, Traders and Technologists. Our role is to provide trading algorithms and execution consultancy for electronic trading of equities and other asset classes.
Our team is responsible for building algorithmic trading strategies, designing high performance quant trading models, research on market microstructure and helping optimize the trading performance across equities
– a M.S. or Ph.D. in finance, physics, mathematics, computer science, engineering or related field. Ph.D. preferred
– experience designing and implementing mathematical models within real-time low-latency systems.
– a minimum of 5 years related Quantitative Analyst and/or product management experience
– experience as a quant within equities trading environment
– strong core Java, KDB/Q, Python
– experience working with large data sets
– experience with pre-trade models and portfolio optimization
Your experience and skills:
– highly proficient in statistical software packages for time-series analysis
– an expert in database design and comfortable building data access queries and tools.
– hands-on and will not require assistance to collect and clean data, implement, evaluate, maintain and document your projects
– able to manage multiple projects
– an excellent communicator both written and oral
– able to work effectively on a trading floor, under pressure and deadlines
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.