UBS Financial Services Senior Economist in New York, New York
United States - New York
Job Reference #:
Are you an economist or financial analyst who wants to be part of the leading US Economics team on the street? Do you want to dive deeply into data and then step back to assess the big picture? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– Analyze time-series and cross-sectional data to identify trends and apply statistical methods;
– Work collaboratively within a team to identify the critical questions about the outlook for the US economy and then craft research to answer them;
– Write clearly and explain sophisticated, technical thoughts in clear English;
– Take leadership and shepherd specific projects from concept to fruition, seeking guidance and direction as needed;
– Engage and cement relationships with clients by communicating the team outlook for the economy, and explaining the details of your own work.
You’ll be working in the US Economics team in New York. The Chief Economist is Seth Carpenter, fromer Deputy Director of Monetary Affairs at the Federal Reserve Board, Assistant Secretary for Financial Markets at the Treasury Department, and head of US Research at Rokos Capital. Other team members are Robert Martin, 13-year veteran of the Federal Reserve's International Finance Division and a trade policy expert from the Council of Economic Advisors; Alan Detmeister, 15-year veteran of the Federal Reserve's Research and Statistics Division where he led the Prices and Wages section; and Samuel Coffin 2x year veteran of UBS US Economics, expert on National Income and Product Accounts and economic forecasting. Our role is to have the best view on the US economy to help our clients navigate an ever-changing environment.
– A deep curiosity about economics;
– Data analysis skills including statistical and econometric methods;
– Experience conducting or supporting deep research into economics.
– Highly motivated to create the best economics team in the world;
– Detail oriented with the ability to work independently and as part of a team;
– Willing to question consensus.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.