UBS Financial Services Work Stream Lead – Data Management in New York, New York
Do you enjoy leading a team? Do you have a collaborative mindset? We are looking for someone to:
• Lead, coach and manage an effective team of Business Analysts that deliver high-quality results
• Ensure an excellent standard for all aspects of delivery and governance, including planning and status reporting
• Ensure the team is following the implemented processes and quality assurance standards and be able to work at different levels of granularity
• Establish relationships with different stakeholders within the organization to ensure all validations and ratifications are completed
• Manage key risks and issues and escalate management in a timely manner
• Raise process, methodology and tooling challenges and requirements to the change team
• Collaborate with other DMO teams to ensure timely delivery
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The Data Management Office (DMO) sits in Group Operations within Shared Services Operations.
The DMO is working with subject matter experts (SMEs) across every Division and Function to map the key regulatory data flows of the bank so that we can build up UBS' Group Data Dictionary.
The DMO is made up of approximately 100 people, comprising UBS permanent staff, contractors and consultants. The team are primarily located in London, with teams in Weehawken, Zurich and Bangalore.
Moving into 2019 is an exciting time for the DMO, as we start to embed a culture of Data Management into the organization. Our team are advocates for our strategy, proactively challenging our ways of working and striving to improve our processes.
This open role exists within one of our divisionally or functionally aligned teams. This team works directly with business and IT SMEs to understand and document the key regulatory data flows within that area. They use an agreed framework and methodology to identify the data that is material to UBS; define it using a common enterprise wide data language; identify the controls that are in place to ensure its integrity and embed accountability through the identification and assignation of Data Owners.
• Strong project and programme management skills with emphasis on timely delivery, risk management and stakeholder management
• Extensive experience of interacting and influencing senior management and a diverse workforce located in multiple locations
• Experience of managing resources using appropriate communication, delegation and planning skills
• Ability to support and adopt within a changing environment
• Excellent decision making and problem solving ability
• Educated to degree level
• At least 4 years of experience in Financial Services, Consultancy or Data within other Industries
• Knowledge of Banking or Capital Markets and familiar with current regulations such as BCBS 239, IFRS, CCAR (desirable)
• An understanding of application data governance and data management (desirable, not essential)
• Collaborative mind-set with the ability to bring teams to work together towards a common goal, listen to different views and facilitate decision making in a proactive manner
• Team player with flexible and adaptable approach to work, and a motivated self-starter
• Excellent organisational skills, with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• A strong communicator, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels candidate will be dealing with stakeholders of different degree of seniority (up to Managing Director and Executive Director)
• Methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 184864BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Work Stream Lead – Data Management
City: New York
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New York
Function Category: Operations