UBS Financial Services Internship 2019, Investment Bank Equity Capital Markets in Opfikon, Switzerland
Internship 2019, Investment Bank Equity Capital Markets
Switzerland - Zürich
Job Reference #:
Does complex modeling excite you? Are you an innovative thinker? We're looking for someone like that to:
• Work on various exciting and challenging projects in a multicultural team
• Work with senior bankers to help originate and execute key transactions
• Bringing clients and investors together to fulfil their mutual needs
• Put market and company analyses together
• Prepare external and internal presentations and be part of «live» deal executions
• Support the team in doing its marketing efforts to clients
Our 6 month internship is an ideal way to gain the work experience you’ll need to launch your career. It’s also an opportunity to work with and learn from some of our sharp people in finance.
From the start of the program, you’ll be right at the heart of the business, taking part in the day-to-day operations. You’ll not only learn about the business of finance from top to bottom, you’ll also experience our unique workplace culture.
To learn more about our Internship Programs, click here .
You’ll be working in the Equity Capital Markets team in Opfikon. We are responsible for the origination, structuring and execution of equity capital market transactions and the marketing of our capabilities in this product area to the leading corporations and governments. The product range includes a variety of transactions, such as IPO (Initial Public Offerings), Secondary Offerings, Rights Issues, Block Trades, Convertible Bonds and Exchangeable Bonds.
You need have completed at least four semesters of your bachelor’s degree or have obtained your master's degree within the last 6 months.
In particular, you have:
• Applicants must be in their penultimate year of studies at university ideally in Business Administration / Economics / Technical Studies with a very strong academic record
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• High degree of professionalism as well as strong drive and commitment
• Excellent communication skills and team player
• Excellent oral and written command in English and German
• Previous work experience from internships favourable
• Ability and flexibility to work in the fast moving environment of capital markets
• Solid PC knowledge (MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint)
But we’d like to also see evidence that you can:
• analyze a problem, take a view and come to a decision
• plan, organize and communicate well
• make things happen
• stick with a task
• work in a team
• come up with ideas
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
Start Date: October 2019
Duration: 6 months
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Intern Analyst (Pipeline)