UBS Financial Services Java Application Developer/IT Software Engineer in Opfikon, Switzerland
Are you looking for a challenge and would like to work in a large distributed environment? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how things work in detail and want to become and subject matter expert? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– develop Java software components for Topaz / Global Order Manager as defined by the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
– unit and interface testing of components for integration into larger subsystems
– support the Software Component Manager in resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems
– make sure that produced code is secure, stable and operational before handover to the Software Component Manager
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS HR Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the IPS Global Order Manager department in Opfikon. The Global Order Manager is the central order handling suite of applications for Securitized , Treasury and Structured Products for Wealth Management in Switzerland and is core to the rollout of the new 1 Wealth Management Platform into other regions globally. The current IT workbook offers a lot of opportunities and challenges and is a key element of the global business strategy.
– strong server-side Java SE development skills (4+ years), including expertise in multi-threaded programming
– knowledge and experience of financial products
– interest to understand front-to-back processes and dependencies of the different product streams
– hands-on experience in building distributed systems and working with Agile methodologies
– strong communication skills, to both technical and non-technical audiences
– applied solutions to cater for non-functional requirements including stability, capacity and scalability and manageability
– experience working closely with your business partners to elicit initial requirements and then iteratively refine these to remove any ambiguity (In fact, you feel comfortable picking up any tasks required to deliver a feature as you have developed a well-rounded skill set through your involvement in all aspects of software delivery)
– curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
– the go-to person for the latest development innovation
– imaginative and creative with emerging technologies and an ambassador for test- and behavior-driven development
– proactive, detail-oriented and comfortable working in dynamic environments
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 183116BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Java Application Developer/IT Software Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)