UBS Financial Services Quantitative Risk Specialist - Finance Model Validation in Opfikon, Switzerland
Are you an expert in quantitative finance? Are you an innovative thinker who likes to challenge the status quo? Do you know how to work well within a team and deliver effective solutions? We're looking for someone who is eager to perform independent validation of models used in the bank’s Finance function by
– analysing the model's conceptual and mathematical soundness
– assessing the model's implementation, developing quantitative benchmark analyses
– scrutinizing input data, model assumptions and parameters, expert adjustments
– reviewing the calibration quality, model outcome, and model performance tests
– identifying model weaknesses and limitations and evaluating overall model risk
– documenting the assessment in LaTeX for internal as well as regulatory purposes
– interacting with stakeholders: model developers and users, senior management, internal and external audit and regulators, as a representative of the bank’s independent control function for model risk
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Model Risk Management & Control team in Zürich. Our team is responsible for the independent validation of Treasury risk and Finance models used within UBS, in particular models used for hedge accounting or fair value calculations in the finance department.
– a MSc or PhD (preferred) degree in quantitative finance, quantitative economics, econometrics, or a related field
– knowledge of financial markets and products, corporate finance, experience and strong interest in the financial services industry, preferably in risk management
–coding experience in R, Python, Matlab, VBA or similar
– excellent analytical skills
– curious and eager to engage in emerging areas of financial modelling
– able to explain technical concepts in simple, intuitive terms to facilitate collaboration
– co-operative and team-oriented, while being able to motivate and organize yourself and complete tasks also independently to high quality standards
– fluent in English, oral and written
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 184392BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Quantitative Risk Specialist - Finance Model Validation
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Risk