UBS Financial Services Software Engineer / Developer in Opfikon, Switzerland
Software Engineer / Developer
Switzerland - Zürich
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #:
Are you a passionate engineer and Java developer with a strong focus on delivery? Do you like to be challenged and encouraged to learn and grow professionally? Are you experienced with Case Management workflow platforms? We’re looking for someone like that to strengthen our core engineering team and to:
– Develop and maintain custom plugins for Actimize Risk Case Manager (RCM)
– Develop and maintain batch feed processing jobs in Actimize Analytics Intelligence Server (AIS)
– Work closely with and advise Business Analysts, Testers and Management on technical matters
– Drive continuous integration and improvements
– Oversee infrastructure provisioning and the hardware inventory
– Help to drive standards and guidelines for a globally deployed software solution
– Provide production support
You’ll be working in Financial Crimes IT based in Zurich, Switzerland. Our role is to design and implement innovated IT solutions to help prevent, detect and report on financial crimes and terrorist financing activities. We are a global IT team supporting internal clients throughout the world.
– computer science academic background (bachelor or master degree)
– experience as a software engineer in a globally distributed team
– financials services IT background, preferably in Financial Crimes/Case Management space
– experience software integration techniques such as web services
– experience with Actimize Risk Case Manager configuration and plug-in customization
– strong knowledge in the following technologies and tools, specifically:
– UNIX/Linux Scripting, Spring Batch, XML, XSL
– MQ Messaging, JAXB, VTL, Git, Jira, Confluence
– strong database and data analysis skills
– produce secure and clean code that is stable, operational, consistent and well-performing
– methodology knowhow on how to ensure that project deliverables meet industry best practices
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure things out)
– excellent communication skills and experience in liaising with global compliance teams
– flexible and resilient team player with strong interpersonal skills taking initiative to drive things forward
– able to multitask and work on different projects in parallel, accurate and focused on deliverables
– keen to develop subject matter expertise on our core vendor product and solutions overall
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS HR Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.