UBS Financial Services Data Governance Lead in Pune, India
Are you a problem solver who is passionate about data? Can you connect the dots and quickly turn the un-known into the Governed? We’re looking for someone like you to:
• support Data Governance artefact creation; documenting Data Definition, Quality Standards/ Requirements & Lineage across Domains
• conduct data analysis to map physical data elements to logical business terms
• design processes to ensure accuracy & attestation of Data Governance artefacts
• create presentations to explain Data Governance to business representatives
• organize Data Governance Committees & create ‘Scorecards’ to report on Data Governance status/ effectiveness
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Asset Management Chief Data Office. We’re a data management organization focused on re-defining the Division’s data strategy and supporting the management of core data-sets used across Asset Management. Working in the AM Chief Data Office, you’ll deliver cutting edge solutions that supply high quality, governed data across Domains; helping transform the organization & establish a data driven culture!
• a bachelor’s degree and 14+ years work experience, with a minimum of 5 years working directly on Data Governance initiatives
• Leading a sizeable team and manage performance
• an understanding of, and experience creating, Data Governance artefacts (such as Business Glossaries, Data Dictionaries, Business& Data Quality Rules, and Lineage)
• proven expertise leading large-scale data management programs
• data analysis skills with experience in data profiling & discovery; hands-on SQL experience strongly preferred
• strong documentation abilities, including advanced Excel & PowerPoint skills, Visio flows, and mock-up creation
• executive-level presentation abilities
• data driven and familiar with Data Governance principles
• well organized & detail oriented
• a critical thinker with an analytical mindset
• an effective communicator with the ability to simplify complex topics & develop presentation materials for an executive audience
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 182438BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Data Governance Lead
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: India
Function Category: Research