UBS Financial Services Data Lineage Senior Analyst in Pune, India
Data Lineage Senior Analyst
Job Reference #:
Are you detail oriented, with experience in running operational processes and controls
Do you spot opportunities to improve processes and then implement these efficiencies to realize benefits in an environment where processes and standards are evolving?
Are you passionate about overseeing delivery of high quality results in line with stretch timelines?
Are you able to communicate confidently and concisely across all levels of seniority and functional and divisional boundaries
We’re looking for a Data Lineage Senior Analyst to:
• oversee performance of processes and controls in line with defined standards to ensure the creation and maintenance of all artefacts (systems, data elements, controls, ownership) captured in the Group Data Dictionary in line with our enterprise wide 'data language', that reflects the flow of the UBS group's critical data across applications
• ensure an excellent standard for all aspects of delivery and governance, including planning and status reporting, management of key risks and issues and timely escalations
• build relationships with key partners in business divisions, IT and across DMO to ensure all validations and ratifications are completed and further improve processes that work for all stakeholders
• support users across business divisions in navigating and using the contents of the group data dictionary to understand data sources and controls
• identify and implement improvements to the processes and controls within the team, looking at opportunities for automation and innovation, and expanding on KPIs and metrics to monitor delivery progress, including root cause analysis of spikes in exceptions
• participate in IT requirements gathering, testing and releases including the migration to a new Data Dictionary
You will be working in Group Operations within the Data Management Office (DMO). This role sits within the Data Lineage team, which operates out of Weehawken, London, Bangalore and Pune. The Data Lineage team is responsible for working directly with divisional subject matter experts, in both the business and IT, to map data flows in the organization and populate and maintain the group data dictionary. The DMO is responsible for embedding a data management culture into the organization by advocating for our strategy and proactively challenging the way the firm works with data. The DMO is made up of approximately 100 people, comprising UBS permanent staff, contractors and consultants.
• at least 4 year(s) of experience in Financial Services, Consultancy or Data within other industries
• collaborative mind-set with the ability to bring teams to work together towards a common goal, listen to different views and facilitate decision making in a proactive manner
• methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail and excellent organisational skills, including the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, both written and oral; comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
• team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work, and a motivated self-starter
• excellent decision making and problem solving ability, with a "can do" attitude
• knowledge of Banking or Capital Markets and familiar with current regulations such as BCBS 239, IFRS, CCAR, and an understanding of application data governance and data management (desirable, not essential)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.