UBS Financial Services Data Science Ops Lead - EL Tech in Pune, India
Data Science Ops Lead - EL Tech
Evidence Lab Innovations, Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #:
Are you passionate about data and dealing with data systems ? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– analyze and understand business problem and challenge, writing and reviewing code and provide solutions related to data science technologies with HDFC and Cloud platform, contributing to release and iteration planning and developing the working practices of the team
– act as a mentor for more junior staff in the team
– capturing detailed requirements based upon user interviews and system/data analysis
– support the business in resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems
– make sure that produced code is secure, stable and operational before being released to production
– contribute widely in establishing and promoting best practices and pro-actively investigating and proposing new technologies for use within the department
You’ll be working within Investment Bank – Evidence Lab Technology department, focused on our Evidence Lab platform. The team that you will be working in will be responsible for integrating commercial tools into the Evidence Lab stack and could also expand to support the whole Investment Research Program.
Evidence Lab is one of the most innovative and highly regarded teams in UBS Investment Bank. The business specializes in analytical techniques such as web harvesting, geospatial, social media, market research, and data science to uncover unique insights and that power our Investment Research.
You will be joining a team of Information Technology professionals aligned directly with the Evidence Lab business to help build the next generation data platform and solutions that will power the future of this exciting business.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, CIS / MIS, or related engineering or technical fields with an industry experience between 10 to 15 years
• Strong experience with Data Science with exposure to prediction models and various modeling techniques such as logistic regression, neural networks, Natural Language Processing along with ability to do exploratory data analysis
• Ability to manage team of data scientist and exposure to deliver solutions end to end till Production deployment
• Strong experience of the UNIX environment and scripting
• Strong experience of RDBMS with SQL, HDFS Tech Stack like Hadoop, Scoop, Hive
• Some experience of software development using Python or Java would be preferable
• Familiarity of Cloud based data systems especially MS Azure or AWS
• Familiarity with common web application components such as Apache Web Server and Apache Tomcat or similar technologies
• An understanding of what is required to create highly available and secure solutions
• Team player with an attitude to pursue new ideas and self-improvement
• An effective communicator with excellent Written and verbal communication skils
• Full of energy and able to persevere through technical difficulties
• Performance and detail-oriented
• Able to plan your own work, follow the plan and help others to plan
• Passionate about technology and data
• Curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
• ready to join a fast growing team in a dynamic and challenging environment
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.