UBS Financial Services Engineering Lead (Chief Data Office) – Asset Management in Pune, India
Are you a data and insights driven leader? Have you led the development of advanced analytics capabilities and innovation within an organization? Are you passionate about leveraging ML and AI capabilities for investment research? Are you interested in becoming part of a data and analytics team, revolutionizing the investment management business?
We’re looking for someone to:
• Lead the implementation of the defined innovation strategy through the design and architecture for analytics platform components and services utilizing Azure infrastructure
• Provide technical leadership in team set-up, delivery and the architecture of the analytics platform and processes to support advanced analytics
• Collaborate with various IT teams across division to develop Big Data reference architecture patterns for data ingestion, data processing, analytics and data science solutions
• Design a secure, highly-scalable, reliable, and performant platform to consume, integrate and analyze complex data using a variety of best-in-class open-source platforms and tools
• Drive innovations through developing proof-of-concept’s and prototypes to help illustrate approaches to technology and business problems
• Strong technical skills with ability to design, architect, and get into low-level implementation details. Candidate must demonstrate this through experience in implementing large scale, complex, data & analytics centric programs/initiatives in a technical role
• Experience in building scalable, real time, streaming based, Big Data systems
• Be a hands-on developer and lead by example as a programmer
• Deep business understanding of Asset Management domain, specifically buy-side related data challenges front-to-back
• Partnering with senior business stakeholders from vision-to-execution and leveraging soft skills to navigate across organizational unit boundaries towards successful delivery
• Proven leadership experience in building and leading a strong technical team of engineers and demonstrable experience in leveraging agile and automation best practices
• Manage the delivery pipeline against defined goals and objectives
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Chief Data Office (CDO), within UBS Global Asset Management (AM), was established to re-define AM’s data & analytics strategy and to lead the innovation agenda for the division. The CDO provides the foundation for establishing a data and analytics driven culture, by guiding the successful delivery of both foundational and innovative solutions, in support of AM's strategic agenda. To design multi-faceted innovative solutions, the CDO is structured to encompass several functions, including Data Analytics, Data Solutions, and Data Governance. Analytics Center of Excellence team will drive the Analytics agenda for CDO and will be based in India
• advanced degree plus 12+ years of experience in data and analytics, with at least 3 years' experience in building data science and data engineering teams
• Expert knowledge and experience in building and deploying large scale distributed systems on Cassandra and Spark
• Knowledge or familiarity with machine learning models
• proven experience in developing the data pipeline, platform, models and governance processes in delivering end-to-end solutions
• hands-on solution driven attitude, with ability to turn around quick insights along with delivering strategic capabilities
• multi-tasking ability to participate in multiple complex programs at the same time in an agile environment
• deep technical knowledge of NoSQL data stored such as Cassandra, Redis etc.
• familiarity with graph databases and search capabilities
• Strong experience in Java, python and Spark
• Experience in hiring, mentoring and leading >20 people technology team
o excellent communication skills in presenting complex technical topics to diverse stakeholders
o strong leadership and networking skills to form, mentor and retain high caliber talent
o high integrity and consistency to develop trust and confidence
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 182945BR
Business Divisions: Asset Management
Title: Engineering Lead (Chief Data Office) – Asset Management
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: India
Function Category: Research