UBS Financial Services Treasury Analytics - Risk Control and Governance Specialist in Salt Lake City, Connecticut
Treasury Analytics - Risk Control and Governance Specialist
United States - Connecticut, United States - Utah
Job Reference #:
Salt Lake City, Stamford
Do you have an analytical mind? Are you an expert on interest rate risk, do you understand Asset Liability Management and Stress Testing? Do you feel comfortable working with Model Validators, Auditors and multiple model stakeholders? We are looking for someone who can work collaboratively, who enjoys new challenges and who has the ability to manage multiple demands/projects. We are looking for someone like you to:
• liaise with Model Risk Model Control (MRMC) Validators to ensure that Treasury Risk Models are aligned with the Governance guidelines.
• update model documentation of ALM and Stress Testing Models (model changes, model performance and confirmation tests and validation/re-validation submissions, model assumptions, challenger models, etc.)
• support Model Owner with Audit and Internal Management Testing examinations, collate evidence, prepare control reports evidencing effective design and operating efficiencies
• support Model Owner, Model Lead and Model Sponsor with attestations, model status updates, issue remediation status updates, closure packages, senior management presentations and other ah-hoc reports
• interface with stakeholders and internal partners in Treasury, ALM, and business units to enhance the documentation of new various analytical modeling initiatives
You’ll be working in the Treasury Risk Control U.S. Balance Sheet Analytics Team in Stamford , CT. We are responsible for balance sheet modeling, monitoring and reporting over various Group Treasury activities in the Americas region.
• at least 3 years of experience in an ALM/Treasury/Balance Sheet Management/ Finance/Risk Oversight
• knowledge and understanding of Statistics and Behavioral Modeling concepts is preferred
• strong quantitative finance experience, knowledge of interest rate markets and financial products
• proven analytical skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
• BA/BS in Finance/Mathematics/Economics or similar discipline with graduate degree preferred
• experience with QRM balance Sheet management system or similar ALM system is preferred
• strong problem solving/analytical and influencing skills
• Effective communication skills both written and spoken (And you know how to handle challenging situations)
• proactive, self-driven and flexible, with ability to complete multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• strong, confident self-motivated contributor who is comfortable working independently to look ahead, anticipate, challenge and manage around obstacles
• comfortable with being challenged
• have a positive, collaborative attitude and are able to work within a large diverse organization and deliver results
• strong work ethic
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.