UBS Financial Services Junior Quantitative Researcher in San Francisco, California
Junior Quantitative Researcher
United States - California
Job Reference #:
Do you enjoy coding? Are looking to join a supportive, innovative team and grow your coding and data viz skills?
We're looking for someone like that to:
• help boost our firm’s performance analytics capability to the next level
• our team will depend on this person to create code from scratch and design interactive Tableau dashboards to display our findings
• already have a proven coding knowledge and a powerful self-drive to learn, but over time, we will support you as you grow your coding and modeling skills by working to solve real business problems
• a successful researcher will have the flexibility to find trends in our data and to help the Performance Specialist and Cross-markets Analytics team brainstorm ideas in response to fast-paced client requests
• help our firm stay plugged into the broader data science and analytics industry
• be curious, at least mildly obsessed with detail, inclusive and professional
• we may offer potential remote working
You would join the US Real Estate Research & Strategy team, a key part of our investment process covering all major markets and property types in the US. We interpret data and share our ideas in interactive sessions with Portfolio Management, Acquisitions, and Asset Management. We aim to be collaborative and innovative as we lead the development of investment expectations that become the foundation for portfolio development. Day-to-day, our team conducts quantitative modeling, designs presentations, monitors trends, and publishes on hot topics. Our participation is key in helping others to follow economic trends, study real estate markets, support transactions, and benchmark performance. Our group is a component of the Real Estate & Private Markets division of UBS Asset Management. We are focused on bringing traditional number-crunching research into a visualization-based, strategy-focused future.
• a passion for coding, learning and applying modeling techniques
• ideally 1-2 yrs relevant experience
• managed and completed coding projects
• knowledge of Python is really needed. R-Suite experience may be acceptable
• knowledge of Alteryx or data visualization software (especially Tableau) is desirable
• demonstrated critical thinking and personal drive, reaching out to other departments and data sources in search of answers
• excellent verbal and written abilities
• a natural inclination to study detail and commitment to meeting deadlines
• aspirations to continuously learn new applications and expand your coding capabilities
• interest in teaching others and patience when doing so
• a self-starter who is looking for a collaborative team who will support you as much as they challenge you
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.