UBS Financial Services Business Risk Specialist in Singapore, Hong Kong
Business Risk Specialist
Hong Kong, Singapore
Business management, administration and support
Global Wealth Management
Job Reference #:
Do you know how to keep an eye out for and avoid risk? Are you good at working with businesses stakeholders in helping them understand how to manage risks? Do you enjoy working in a diverse and interesting business environment such as the one offered by Global Banking (GB) sector in Investment Platforms and Solutions (IPS)? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– proactively identify, manage and mitigate risks (including business, operational, legal, regulatory, conduct risks)
– monitor and assess the risk management and control framework for completeness and adequacy, perform controls and operational risk assessments
– support projects across GB sector through providing risk related advice and cooperating with the business on risk related inquiries from auditors, regulators or internal stakeholders
– build trusted relationships with business partners to provide advice and support
– enhance process workflows and facilitate change management process
– assist with executing effective risk governance within the IPS GB sector
– partner with control functions to ensure legal and regulatory requirements are met
– support senior management in discharging their business risk management responsibilities, and work with risk managers and various stakeholders across the organization
Investment Platforms and Solutions (IPS) is part of the Wealth Management (WM) Business Division. IPS designs WM's holistic advice process and offering. It develops and sources a wide range of investment solutions, including WM's flagship investment mandates, as well as runs and further develops the platforms supporting these solutions. In close collaboration with WM's front units, IPS also coordinates all sales and distribution activities across the division.
You’ll be working in the IPS Business Risk Organization (BRO) team as part of IPS APAC in Hong Kong or Singapore, focusing on the GB sector. The IPS BRO team drives the IPS risk management process, and advises and supports the IPS business in discharging its responsibility for risk management, through a central BRO team and sector specific BRO teams. The Global Banking Sector within UBS GWM Investment Platform & Solutions which comprises Lombard & Banking, Structured Lending, Corporate Finance, Direct Investments and Balance Sheet Management for GWM, provides Client Advisors with high quality and tailor-made Lending product solutions.
– A university degree
– 8+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in the Wealth Management, Risk, Compliance environment, working with the related topics within the Wealth Management environment, e.g. in a Business, Risk, Regulatory Management, Legal, Compliance or Audit function.
– Lending, structuring and/or transaction execution experience is a distinct advantage.
– Excellent analytical skills and an ability to reduce and manage complexity through a structured approach
– Strong interpersonal skills and team player qualities, encompassing an ability to build
– A commitment to high standards, with a proactive outlook and strong drive to continuously enhance processes and procedures and effect improvements and change
– Ability to prioritize and work effectively in a rapidly changing environment with the capacity to proactively anticipate, identify, prevent and resolve issues.
– Excellent communication skills in English (both verbal and written); an ability to speak Mandarin would be an advantage
– Advanced skills in MS Office Excel
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.