UBS Financial Services COBOL DEVELOPER - WMPC Tech - Client orders APAC in Singapore, Singapore
Are you passionate about building robust and reliable Mainframe applications? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in making improvements and how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– Analyze business requirements, design and implement solutions based on a well-defined software development life cycle (SDLC)
– execute unit testing and support test manager with delivering bug fixes during testing phases
– collaborate with other global IT teams
– support solving production incidents
– Provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs within a complex business domain
– Take pride in the quality of delivered software products and services
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Global Order Manager (Client Orders) IT team (based in Singapore) within Wealth Management IT . The Global Order Manager is the central order handling suite of applications for Securitized, Structured and Treasury Products for Wealth Management in CH, EMEA and APAC, and is core to the One Wealth Management Platform globally.
– 8 + years' experience of development, design and integration of mainframe solutions end-to-end
– 3 + years' experience in the financial services industry
– strong practical experience in working with COBOL / zOS programming, DB2, CICS
– good knowledge in JCL and IBM Debugger
– hands-on experience in Changeman facilitated software delivery
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
– a professional who is technically excellent and can aspire and inspire others to our values and culture
– imaginative and creative with emerging technologies and an ambassador for test- and behavior-driven development
– able to keep the pace in delivering business value while working in a sustainable environment
– a strong team player with emphasis on delivering business value
– passionate about what you do; you value excellence, learning and integrity
– able to improve older code bases, as well as apply modern best practices to new projects
– curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
– an excellent communicator who can partner with technical experts as well as end-users who might not be well versed in IT (you’re comfortable talking to pros and amateurs)
– the go-to person for the latest development innovation
– able to work independently
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 184557BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: COBOL DEVELOPER - WMPC Tech - Client orders APAC
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Singapore
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)