UBS Financial Services Technology Risk Control Manager in Singapore, Singapore
Do you have a strong knowledge of the regulations that govern the banking technology industry? Are you capable of effective collaboration with (and where required, challenge to) Senior Management on Risk Control matters?
We are looking for Technology Risk Control Manager to:
– support senior Risk Controllers with the management and coordination of key operational risk framework activities to ensure appropriate technology risk management is effective
– build relationships with IT & Business stakeholders within the WM APAC division to proactively identify issues, ensure the WM APAC Group Technology teams are effectively driving remediation activities and to continuously improve the effectiveness of Technology Risk activities.
– support Risk Controllers with the management of operational risk events; facilitate in assessing possible risks through Incident and Problem Management procedures. Understanding / managing the Operational Risk Assessment Process for IT including identification, evaluation, monitoring and reporting of risks.
– provide control commentary into C&ORC Technology Risk reporting on key services, audit, risk and regulatory issues and attend any appropriate IT and Business Risk committees. Ensure that the IT Operational Risk metrics, assessments and reporting are in line with the expectations of the UBS Group and that they are supplied with the correct data and that effective risk.
– undertake thematic risk reviews in order to proactively identify risk issues and act as an SME reviewer of technical risk assessments covering the functional areas.
–Oversee and challenge operational risks introduced by change initiatives, especially by actively providing subject matter expertise to the New Business Control process
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the WM APAC Corporate Centre Risk Control (CCRC) Technology Risk Team in Singapore. We are part of the Compliance & Operational Risk Control (C&ORC) function and provide oversight of technology, information / cyber security, outsourcing, BCM and program management risks across the UBS Group
Compliance and Operational Risk Control (C&ORC) is the 2nd line of defense function with the mission to ensure that all compliance, conduct and operational risks are understood, owned and managed to the firm's risk appetite.
This is an opportunity to be part of a global team of Technology Risk professionals executing oversight and control of the bank's key technology risk management controls and functions.
The selected candidate will report to the Technology Risk Controller for the Business Divisions WM and P&C and be based in Singapore.
– a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security or relevant discipline
– 5+ years of experience within Information Technology, Information Security, or Technology Risk ideally in the financial industry, with a particular focus and practical experience on risk management, information security, project management, or production support
- Good understanding of Wealth Management business processes and practices
– solid understanding of Risk Management Frameworks and Information Security principles
– exposure to technology regulations (HKMA, MAS, APRA, CBRC)
- Internationally recognized certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, or equivalent
– analytic, with the ability to provide practical solutions for minimizing risk
– result-oriented and assertive (you don’t shy away from challenging situations)
– a team player with the ability to work independently to organize, manage and complete projects within tight deadlines
– Good soft skills and an ability to influence thinking
- Strong communication skills in English. Mandarin is an additional asset, but not required
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 182093BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Technology Risk Control Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Singapore
Function Category: Risk