UBS Financial Services Technology Risk & Control Specialist in Singapore, Singapore
Technology Risk & Control Specialist
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #:
Are you risk averse? Do you delve into the details and have a high level of strategic analysis? Do you have a strong understanding and experience with Singapore regulatory requirements and technology risk management?
We're looking for someone like that to help us to
• act as a 1LOD regulatory (Singapore/MAS) and technology risk control subject-matter expert providing risk and regulatory advisory support to technology teams and the business in location and globally.
• provide oversight on key technology risks and regulatory matters of our operations in Singapore, providing transparency to Singapore Head of Technology, local senior management as well as working with regional, global and functional heads of technology to ensure that risks are identified, addressed and remediated.
• act as key 1LOD point of contact with local regulators on behalf of Technology to provide oversight on regulatory engagements responsible for ensuring regulatory requirements and requests are dealt with in a disciplined, timely and efficient manner.
• keep abreast of the Singapore regulatory landscape and act as the Singapore subject matter expert for providing regional/local management with controls, tools, training, frameworks , information and insights required to manage risk.
• establish and maintain an effective risk culture and ensure that UBS Technology in Singapore operates as documented in our Operational Risk Framework.
provide 1LOD technology risk oversight on Singapore technology initiatives and audits.
• develop and build strong relationship with Audit and Compliance and Operational Risk.
You’ll be working in our APAC Technology Risk Management team. We’re responsible for technology risk management and ensuring technology controls are designed and operating effectively for the UBS Technology organization. You'll be working closely with your
counterparts – business risk managers, Security Technology as well as Compliance and Operational Risk.
• 10 years of relevant work experience in in risk management, risk control, audit, regulatory policies or compliance, preferably within Financial Services
• a university degree in technology or management
• a strong and in-depth understanding of Singapore regulatory requirements (i.e. MAS Technology Risk Management Guidelines)
• experience working in a project environment, in particular planning, testing, and tracking against a plan
• top-tier communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate to outside regulators and auditors verbally and in writing
• impeccable problem-solving skills
• ability to work collaboratively and effectively with employees at all levels of the organization; and with senior business executives
• strong and in-depth understanding of organizational operations and risk management
• Sound experience in data analysis, validation and presentation of results (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Tableau)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.