UBS Financial Services API Developer in Weehawken, New Jersey
United States - New Jersey
Evidence Lab Innovations, Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #:
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
• be part of a software development team to produce high quality applications
• analyze and understand business and technical stories, writing code, implementing automated tests, contributing to release and iteration planning and developing the working practices of the team
• complete the unit testing of components for integration into larger subsystems
• support the business in resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems
• make sure that produced code is secure, stable and operational before being released to production
You'll be part of the Evidence Lab Innovations Technology team in Weehawken. We are developing cutting edge digital solutions to help internal and external clients make better decisions with data. Within Evidence Lab Innovations Technology, you will be part of a growing team that is focused on blending solutions covering digital marketing, technology, optimization and analytics to drive business results and digital transformation. You'll be working in a global team, with colleagues in the United Kingdom, the United States and India.
• strong core java skills, multi-threaded systems, Java Collections, Spring
• clear understanding of micro services architecture and Spring Boot, and various design patterns
• large-scale enterprise, object-oriented design experience
• demonstrable experience in developing enterprise-class applications using Java, Unix/Linux, Spring, Spring Boot, Maven, Oracle/Sybase PL/SQL
• experience in application development , including analyzing stories, writing code, implementing automated tests, contributing to release and iteration planning and developing the working practices of the team
• strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills
• a conceptual understanding of software development including the full project life-cycle from working on multiple substantial projects using Agile development methodologies
• curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a global team
• the go-to person for the latest development innovation
• imaginative and creative with emerging technologies and an ambassador for test and behavior-driven development
• able to work across teams and functions
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.