UBS Financial Services Business Risk Manager in Weehawken, New Jersey
The Business Risk Manager will ensure a consistent risk management approach across the organization. You will be working as part of the Business Risk Management Team in the home office. The team is responsible for managing Business Risk within the WM USA Banking group (first line of defense – 1st LOD) and in partnership with Control areas (second line of defense – 2nd LOD).
Key competencies and responsibilities include:
• Champion 1st LOD risk management in Business Areas specifically in the Cards and Account areas within the Banking group
o Understand regulatory, audit, and 2nd LOD expectations
o Document 1st LOD risk framework, related evidence, and gaps
o Champion closing all gaps
• Partner with other Business Risk Managers to enhance the 1st LoD framework
• Ensure completeness of the framework (e.g. monitoring, policies, procedures, remediation, training, complaints, reporting, vendor & affiliate oversight, risk assessments)
• Lead monthly 1st LOD risk meeting for Cards & Accounts
• Monitor & report on overall compliance and operational risk portfolio
• Actively support risk committees (i.e. Operational Risk & Enterprise Risk)
• Continually enhance operational risk reporting and metrics
• Manage and complete regular risk and control assessments
• Track, report, and coordinate closure of identified issues
• Enhance the Business Risk Framework for all types of Risk
• Support Cards and Accounts teams during regulatory exams and internal audits
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working as part of the Business Risk Management Team in the home office.
• College degree with at least 5 years of experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong negotiation and influence skills
• Subject matter expertise in the Credit cards business & operations and cash management
• Proven track record of delivering results and meeting targets
• Track record of successfully supporting business users with reporting & analytics, decision support, and presentation support
• Ability to interact with all levels of management, multi-task and work well under pressure
• Clean regulatory track record
• Analytical, consultative and investigative skills and an independent, driven approach
• Understanding of regulatory environment and industry trends for Credit Cards
• Preferred work experience in the disciplines outlined above
• Organized, analytical and able to readily interpret data, including Legal & compliance materials
• Self-confident, have strong judgment, and evidence sound problem solving skills
• Comfortable collaborating with diverse constituencies
• Proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 182414BR
Business Divisions: Global Wealth Management
Title: Business Risk Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Business management, administration and support