UBS Financial Services Data Analyst in Weehawken, New Jersey
United States - New Jersey
Management and Business Support
Global Wealth Management
Job Reference #:
Do you enjoy transforming complex data into a story that brings new information and convinces people to take actions? Do you enjoy the challenge of having to communicate across different levels of understanding? Are you an experienced data analyst with expertise in Regulatory programs or Financial Services? Are you a problem solver with a strong eye for detail that likes to credibly challenge the process?
• Establishing relationships with business stakeholders to identify and address relevant areas; Client Risk, Periodic KYC (PKR) data analyses, develop monthly metrics for the quality control testing team, middle office and other AML KPIs Evaluate effectiveness of processes and controls; proactively identify gaps, define solutions, and execute on process and control improvements
• Actively collaborating with other teams and SME's to identify relevant data sources, help develop value-add assessments and deliver critical time bound rollouts
• Advising stakeholders on analytical approaches
• Blending and analyzing data from various sources towards providing support for stakeholders
• Effective communication and presentation skills. Strong ability to take an ill-defined concept, analyze and translate it into functional and non-functional specifications to drive meaningful business decisions.
• Effective presentation skills with the ability to inform/educate stakeholders about the findings of the analysis
• Work closely with and establish effective communication channels with key stakeholders, SME's and clients to gather project requirements, specifications and limitations in order to develop state of the art reporting capabilities.
• Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
Working on Pentagon under Financial Services Inc. supporting the WM COO organization. Duties span over PKR remediation, KPI/KPC, Risk Assessment, Customer Risk Rating, and MIS Reportage.
• Knowledge of internal UBS systems and processes, a plus.
• Familiar with Financial Services topics, such as:
Account E99 Flags
Types of Accounts (DVP/RVP, Personal Interest Companies, BUSA Standalone, etc.)
Account Status (Active, Closed, Closed – Held Away)
Household Groupings (Statement HH, Marketing HH)
CAI Account Fields (Employee Accounts CR1/CR2, etc.)
Account Finances (AUM, Revenue)
Customer Risk Rating
Account ownership types
• Familiar with Client Onboarding, PKR, Risk Rating processes
• Minimum 2+ years in Finance, Compliance or Risk role encountering BSA/AML matters regularly.
• Minimum 4+ years of Data Analytics experience
• 4 year college degree or international equivalent with studies in or relating to engineering in computer science or business preferred, graduate degree in a related field (including: computer science or finance) or an MBA is a plus
• Minimum 4+ years of experience in data analytics related roles
• Good understanding of finance and regulatory programs
• Experience in applying advanced statistical techniques, such as, descriptive statistics, statistical modelling, machine learning, a plus
• Experience in working with large and complex data sets
• Expert proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, VBA programming, Microsoft Access, SQL, Tableau, and Alteryx. Python proficiency preferred.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.