UBS Financial Services Deputy Head of Private Funds Lending in Weehawken, New Jersey
Deputy Head of Private Funds Lending
United States - New Jersey
Product Management and Development
Global Wealth Management
Job Reference #:
Are you a veteran private funds lending professional with experience as a senior member of a lending team? Do you have experience delivering lending solutions to private funds and UHNW individuals? We’re looking for someone who can:
• Work with the Head of Private Funds Lending to develop and enhance a loan product suite to serve private funds and affluent individuals
• Oversee all aspects of the fund finance business and help drive private funds backed loan growth
• Work with our internal and externa stakeholders to deliver subscription line financing solutions to our private funds clients.
• Work with key personnel and business partners to ensure the successful growth of our private funds lending initiative.
• Identify and serve the unique business lending needs of private funds and the wealth management clients who are members of these firms
• Understand customer, competitive and company context and environment
• Challenge and improve processes, policies, capabilities
• Key partners include but not limited to
Credit Risk Control
Finance & Analytics
• Manage the private funds lending lifecycle from beginning to end
You’ll be a member of the Structured Lending Team within the HNW Lending and Cards Group. We develop and deliver new loan products for our Private Funds and Wealth Management clients and prospects.
You are a candidate with:
• ideally 15-20 years of experience including strong or significant exposure to private fund finance, including sourcing,underwriting and closing transactions
• Juris Doctor and/or significant deep level experience in negotiating subscription lines and UNHW lending facilities against private funds is strongly preferred
• Several years’ experience at a global bank in a front office structuring desk role is a plus
• Experience in assessing and structuring subscription lines with a deep understanding of the credit and legal risks
• Experience in wealth management or serving UHNW individuals for lending against private fund interests
• Experience building out new businesses and work with key stakeholders, including credit, legal, compliance, finance, operations and marketing is preferred.
• Ability to demonstrate positive initiative and leadership
• Communicate and set expectations appropriately to management
• Ability to solve problems and manage issues through to resolution
• Excellent communications and collaborate skills to work with and gain the confidence of cross-functional colleagues across all legal entities
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.