UBS Financial Services Financial Controller in Weehawken, New Jersey
United States - New Jersey
Job Reference #:
Are you passionate about financial markets, great with numbers and know how to take care of the details? We’re looking for someone like that to join Americas Financial Controlling Services (FCS) team and help us to:
– provide assurance to the financial statements for the Global Banking businesses in Americas region
– ensure a robust set of controls is operating properly through effective supervision, challenge and impact assessment
– support new business initiatives by providing financial expertise to the NBI processes.
– understand front to back flows and ability to partner with other functions to address inefficiencies
– work with IT and other functions to deliver process improvement in line with our strategic programs of work
– report to and interact with a number of stakeholders, including the business, external auditors, etc., on financial results
You’ll be working in the Financial Control team in Weehawken. The team covers Global Banking businesses which are dynamic and growing in terms of size and complexity, thus we are looking for a proactive, dynamic, innovative and motivated individual to join the team and to quickly take on the above responsibilities. To add maximum value, the role will also require an understanding of and contribution to the other functions of the wider Financial Control/Finance group. In addition to the Front Office, other internal clients include Market Risk, Compliance, Legal, Tax, Operations and Senior Management.
– a university degree in finance or accounting, with a strong understanding of accounting principles
– ten years of accounting and control experience, preferably in financial services
– CPA, CFA or equivalent is preferred but not mandatory
– an understanding of the capital markets businesses (DCM and ECM) and products or experience in IB / FICC Controlling is an advantage, but not mandatory
– a strong communicator, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
– able to apply technical understanding to practical problems
– methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.