UBS Financial Services Firmwide Risk Model Developer in Weehawken, New Jersey
Firmwide Risk Model Developer
United States - New Jersey
Job Reference #:
Are you interested in risk management? Do you want to become a firm wide risk models developer or deepen your expertise? Do you enjoy working in a highly specialized team to develop and deliver solutions? Then we are looking for you to:
• create, develop and maintain stress testing methodologies for UBS
• use techniques from quantitative risk management, financial mathematics and econometrics to develop, assess, and change models
• implement models in R and produce clear documentation for regulators
• bring new quantitative modeling ideas to our team to push ahead key projects within UBS
• interact and discuss with key stakeholders (model owner, business representatives, model validation teams and model governance bodies)
You’ll be working in the Firmwide Stress Methodology team in Weehawken, NJ. Our role is to develop and reshape UBS's stress testing framework for assessing the impact of global macro-economic scenarios on the firm’s profitability and capital adequacy. The framework captures all risk types across all businesses world-wide.
• a Master's or PhD degree in applied quantitative discipline (e.g. Econometric, Statistics, Financial Engineering, Computational Science, Quantitative Finance)
• experience in building models from scratch (e.g., time series analysis, linear/non-linear models, Gaussian/non-Gaussian models, parametric/non-parametric models)
• sound knowledge of statistical and econometric methods and their application
• strong analytical, conceptual and organizational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines
• programming knowledge. Experience in writing code in a statistical or high-level programming language is essential
• general understanding and interest in (macro-) economic mechanisms and their influence on financial markets
• very good communication skills and the ability to explain technical topics clearly and intuitively, both written and orally
• experienced in creating your own models
• proficient in programming with statistical software (e.g. R, Matlab, etc)
• a great communicator (and you know how to handle challenging situations)
• team-orientated, while able to complete tasks independently to high quality standards
• fluent in English, additional languages are welcome
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.