United States - New Jersey
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #:
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– analyze and understand business and technical stories, writing code, implementing automated tests, contributing to release and iteration planning and developing the working practices of the team
– act as a mentor for more junior staff in the team
– capturing detailed requirements based upon user interviews and system/data analysis
– complete the unit testing of components for integration into larger subsystems
– support the business in resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems
– make sure that produced code is secure, stable and operational before being released to production
– contribute widely in establishing and promoting best practices and pro-actively investigating and proposing new technologies for use within the department
You'll be working in the IB IT Advisory team in Weehawken, NJ. We area a global technology team covering a wide portfolio of IB Research and Client & Sales technology projects. Research Technology builds solutions over the full lifecycle of research content creation through to marketing, distribution and analytics. The Client and Sales stream supports and builds out against a number of regulatory systems supporting the trade feeds. The department is the hub across multiple trade flows and client and sales data and uses next generation data management/analytics tools to optimize client insight
– demonstrable experience in developing enterprise-class applications using Java, Unix/Linux, Spring, Hibernate, Maven, JMS, Oracle PL/SQL
– experience with building full stack applications using Spring framework and React JS
– experience in application development , including analyzing stories, writing code, implementing automated tests, contributing to release and iteration planning and developing the working practices of the team
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
– a conceptual understanding of software development including the full project lifecycle from working on multiple substantial projects using Agile development methodologies
– curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a global team
– the go-to person for the latest development innovation
– imaginative and creative with emerging technologies and an ambassador for test and behavior-driven development
– adaptable, able to work across teams and functions
– a strong communicator – able to interface with key business and technology stakeholders
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.