UBS Financial Services IT Delivery Manager in Weehawken, New Jersey
IT Delivery Manager
United States - New Jersey
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #:
Have you successfully led delivery of large-scale digital transformation IT projects? Are you hands-on with technologies like Java, Kafka, Flink / Spark, Elastic and have experience leading a team of software professionals? Are you able to leverage design thinking and agile methodologies to develop strategies and build digital experiences?
We’re looking for a Technical Delivery Manager to:
• lead the delivery of US Clearing & Settlement’s digital platform within IB Technology
• you will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of projects / products on a technical team.
• provide overall leadership (especially tech leadership) , guidance and manage all aspects of SDLC to successfully deliver software with highest quality , on-time and within budget
• work with solution architects, delivery leads and stakeholders to develop technology roadmap
• allocate, utilize and direct personnel resources to drive projects to completion
• build relationships and communicate effectively with colleagues, stakeholders and Sr mgmt.
• liaise with project stakeholders, gaining go forward decisions and signoffs
• ensure solutions being delivered align to target architecture
You’ll lead a hybrid pod (cross-functional team) for building Digital platform within IB Tech’s Securities North America function in Weehawken, NJ. As an IT delivery manager, you'll play an important role in seeing that the development methodology is followed and lead technical design discussions with the architects. Our culture centers around partnership with our businesses, transparency, accountability and empowerment, and passion for the future.
• worked as a Technology Delivery Manager, for ideally 10+ years focusing on IT solutions developed using Java/J2EE technologies and data streaming technologies like Kafka, Flink / Spark , Elastic in the financial services / capital markets domain.
• team management and proven success in managing technical delivery of solutions in agile and waterfall oriented teams
• demonstrated ability to drive programs through design, development, and delivery, and identify opportunities of continuous improvement
• managed all facets of large-scale projects and met deliverables
• strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle and have practical experience with all phases of SDLC
• strong understanding of software development best practices like TDD , CI / CD and design patterns and can promote the same.
• have a solid technical background ; you are still hands-on and can develop code, debug and troubleshoot.
• strategic thinker and excellent communicator, able to coach, lead and convince
• strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills.
• you are a self-starter with high level of urgency, and personal accountability
• you are intellectually curious and willing to challenge the status quo
• comfortable with stakeholders of various digital knowledge and able to market the role of digital in every interaction
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Your Career Comeback:
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback at https://www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/career-comeback/welcome.html .