UBS Financial Services IT Software Engineer in Weehawken, New Jersey
IT Software Engineer
United States - New Jersey
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #:
Do you want to design and build next generation business applications using the latest technologies? Are you confident at iteratively refining user requirements and removing any ambiguity? Do you like to be challenged and encouraged to learn and grow professionally?
We’re looking for software engineers to:
• provide technology solutions that will solve business problems and strengthen our position as digital leaders in financial services
• analyze business requirements for the Advisory Core IT team
• design, plan and deliver sustainable solutions using modern programming languages
• providing technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications
• conduct code reviews and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of SDLC
• see that proper operational controls and procedures are implemented to process move from test to production
You’ll be working in the Advisory Core, as part of the Technology division in Weehawken, NJ. We provide development for major project deliverable at the firm. As a software developer, you’ll play an important role in creation and development of these projects.
•Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution.
• ability to code in Java
• know-how to apply standards, methods, techniques and templates as defined by our SDLC [for example, code repository handling, code inspection, penetration-avoidance]
• produced secure and clean code that is stable, operational, consistent and well-performing
• designed, planned and delivered solutions in a large scale enterprise environment
• a software engineer/developer focused on major projects within financial sector
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.