UBS Financial Services Java/Big-Data Developer in Weehawken, New Jersey
Market Risk IT is looking for a developer who is passionate about coding and wants to build a career in Java, Big-Data, Cloud technologies. The candidate will participate in design and development of a complex strategic Risk Aggregation platform using Core java, Big-Data, Grid computing and caching technologies. The candidate will interact with globally distributed Market Risk Officers, Quants and IT Dev/QA team.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
• Design and Develop high quality software solutions for Market Risk VaR (Value-at-Risk) Aggregation
• Develop new applications to meet regulatory commitments (e.g: FRTB)
• Improve Performance of Risk Calculation Engine
• Implement scalable solutions to meet the ever increasing data volumes, using big data/cloud technologies Apache Spark, Hadoop, Microsoft Azure Cloud computing etc.
• Develop proof of concepts using new technologies such as Machine Learning/AI
• Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or the international equivalent in computer science, Math, Physics, Engineering or a related field
• Hands-on experience in Java technologies, high-performance computing, Big-data technologies such as Apache Spark, Hadoop platforms such as Hortonworks, Databricks, Cloudera, Spark SQL, PySpark is required.
• Experience in holding a technical role within a team of technocrats; especially for high-performance, large-scale systems through various project lifecycle stages like design, build, testing etc.
• Knowledge of Data Structures & Algorithms
• Minimum 1+ years of hands-on development experience using core Java, high-performance computing platforms and Oracle SQL, PL/SQL
• Database/RDBMS fundamentals, and SQL knowledge/experience
• Knowledge/experience in Machine Learning, AI models using Big-data/cloud platform will be an advantage for this position
• Previous experience in Market Risk /Risk is preferred.
Knowledge & Behavioral Competencies:
• Team Player
• Excellent written and Oral Communication skills
• Ability to work with a globally distributed IT team
• Proactive and Quick Learner
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 183561BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Java/Big-Data Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)