UBS Financial Services Monitoring & Oversight – Technical Lead in Weehawken, New Jersey
Monitoring & Oversight – Technical Lead
United States - New Jersey
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #:
Do you enjoy tackling complex technical challenges? Are you interested in innovation, advanced technology and its real world application? Are you experienced with Trade Surveillance and Monitoring & Oversight areas? We're looking for someone like that who can help us:
– deliver technical changes to the Compliance suite of applications by guaranteeing accurate, on-time execution, adherence to quality standards, timely and accurate reporting while managing issues and risks
– work closely with the client to analyze the problem to be addressed, and ensure a clear, complete and unambiguous understanding of requirements
– participate in the project lifecycle from requirements specification to implementation, ensuring that the solution fits its intended purpose from a functional, technical, and quality perspective
– understand the project plan, dependencies and own responsibilities in this context
– work with stakeholders to ensure that adequate skilled resources are assigned to the project
– implement appropriate controls and track delivery progress; Review and quality assure project deliverables
– engage business analysts, system developers, outsource vendor and end-users at appropriate stages in the project lifecycle
– Work with vendor development teams across geographies to design quality solutions.
– Perform design reviews and code reviews to ensure that the team is adhering to agreed design and is producing quality products.
– ensure awareness of & adherence to industry trends and firm-wide initiatives
You’ll be working in the Group Compliance Regulatory and Governance IT team based in Stamford, CT / Weehawken, NJ US. Our role is to design and implement innovated IT solutions to help prevent, detect and report on financial crimes and terrorist financing activities. We are a global IT team supporting internal clients from the Compliance Risk space throughout the world.
– Extensively worked on Oracle SQL/PLSQL with good knowledge on various performance tuning techniques
– Solid knowledge on at least one ETL tool preferable Informatica
– Worked on Shell scripting and some scheduler tools like Autosys, Control-M etc
– Knowledge of analytical tools like Actimize, DataIKU, DataRobot etc.
– Proven capability to communicate clearly with multiple stakeholders and should be able to handle teams across multiple regions and ensure to drive the delivery seamlessly
– Knowledge of Java technologies
– Knowledge of WebSphere and/or IIS
– Knowledge of authentication and authorization technologies (e.g. SSO and LDAPs)
– The ability to give solutions by thoroughly analyzing the flow of data across different layers and technologies
– Knowledge of Compliance & Regulatory domain in Banking
– passionate about technology and development of IT systems and applications
– technically savvy with an appreciation for IT capability
– confidence to challenge assumptions and ‘pushback’ on unreasonable demands where necessary
– curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
– an excellent communicator who can partner with technical experts as well as end-users who might not be well versed in IT
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.