UBS Financial Services Portfolio Strategist Wealth Management in Weehawken, New Jersey
Are you eager to help clients understand and achieve their financial objectives? Do you have an interest in multi-asset class portfolio construction? Do you have the technical skill set to maintain and develop our proprietary tool suite? We’re looking for someone with the capacity to:
• Deliver customized, suitable portfolio construction advice to Financial Advisors, Ultra High New Worth and Institutional investors
• Conduct in-depth portfolio analysis regarding asset allocation and product implementation
• Maintain/develop our analytics tool suite that relies on statistical programming in both Matlab and Excel
• Gain fluency in holistic portfolio construction utilizing solutions beyond investing including financial planning and banking/lending
• Foster key partnerships throughout the firm to cultivate extensive knowledge of platforms, solutions and product offerings (traditional and non-traditional)
• Produce bespoke presentations that outline our research, capabilities and views on asset allocation, portfolio construction and product fulfillment
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Portfolio Advisory Group. We provide objective guidance to deliver the firm's intellectual capital and advice on asset allocation, portfolio construction and product/platform fulfillment. We work with Financial Advisors and Ultra High Net Worth clients & prospects. The internal team is located in Weehawken, NJ and senior strategists are located nationally in Private Wealth offices.
– experience working in wealth management, private banks or asset management
– strong knowledge of and desire to analyze financial markets
– working knowledge of portfolio construction process
– strong quantitative, statistical and programming skills [Python, Matlab, R or a similar language]
– affinity for systems and technology, including portfolio management, performance attribution and risk management systems
– bachelor’s/master’s degree in statistics, economic, software engineering or related fields
– ability to articulate research and implement in portfolio context
– Series 7 and 66 required or must be obtained within 90 days of hire
– a quantitatively oriented professional
– a skilled communicator, with great presentation skills
– excellent at prioritizing and time management
– adept at initiating, nurturing and developing strong interpersonal relationships
– creative and willing to think outside the box
– a team player
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 180955BR
Business Divisions: Global Wealth Management
Title: Portfolio Strategist Wealth Management
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Product Management and Development