UBS Financial Services Risk Modelling & Analytics Specialist in Weehawken, New Jersey
Risk Modelling & Analytics Specialist
United States - New Jersey
Job Reference #:
Do you have experience in quantitative risk modeling with a focus on credit risk measurement in financial institutions? Are you an innovative thinker who likes to challenge the status quo and apply new analytical techniques to solving quantitative problems? Do you enjoy working in a highly specialized team to develop and deliver solutions? Then we are looking for you to:
• create, develop and maintain macro-forecasting and stress testing models for credit risk of UBS
• use techniques from quantitative risk management, financial mathematics and econometrics to develop, assess, and change models
• understand credit portfolio specifics; discuss requirements, modelling decisions and impacts with business, finance and risk stakeholders
• analyze credit and macroeconomic data and identify patterns
• assess and select different possible model specifications and calibrations
• implement model specification as prototypes mainly using R
• engage with client advisors and risk officers across the globe to deliver risk measures and management solutions for their specific portfolios
• support key regulatory projects of the bank as required e.g. US CECL, CCAR/DFAST, IFRS9, Basel IV and other support regulatory exercises
You’ll be working within the Credit Stress Methodology WM Americas team in Weehawken. The team has members in US, Switzerland, Poland and India. Our role is to develop and maintain firm-wide credit risk models covering UBS's Retail and Wholesale portfolios and models for RWA forecasting. The results of our models are used to assess the impact of macro-economic scenarios on the firm's profitability, financial statements and capital adequacy. We interact with a number of departments across the bank (incl. Front Office, Finance, IT, Credit Risk Management, Business pricing / steering) on a regular basis. For the development of our methodologies, we use techniques from quantitative risk management, financial mathematics and econometrics.
• a graduate or PhD degree in a quantitative field such as Financial Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Statistics or Econometrics.
• experience with credit risk modelling for small and medium enterprise loans strongly preferred
• sound knowledge of statistical and econometric methods and their application
• a sound practical understanding of macro- and microeconomic relationships as well as financial markets and banking products
• proven track record in risk modelling with expert knowledge of statistical and econometric methods
• 5 – 10 years of experience in a credit risk environment together with knowledge of regulatory practice
• strong analytical, conceptual and organizational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines
• experience with high-level programming language, and knowledge of statistical modeling software (preferably in R)
• excellent communication skills with colleagues at all levels in the organization
• experienced in creating your own models and proficient in programming with statistical software
• able to explain technical concepts in simple terms to facilitate collaboration
• fluent in English, both in oral and written form
• self-driven and pro-active in taking new initiatives and carrying them though completion
• able to deliver high quality results in a fast pace environment with tight deadlines
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.