UBS Financial Services Senior Development Manager – Capital Markets in Weehawken, New Jersey
Are you passionate about technology and driver of change? Are you a problem solver? Do you know how to execute and deliver on large scale development initiatives and platforms? Do you have?
• Significant experience in developing enterprise applications in the financial industry
• Significant experience in managing business demand for technology as a liaison with all levels of business and technology stakeholders and leadership
• Demonstrated experience working with technology leadership and business partners to understand high-level business visions with strategies and feeding them into technology strategies and roadmaps
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working in our Wealth Management Americas Platform (WMAP) in Weehawken, NJ. We are embarking on a multi-year strategic technology initiative – called the Wealth Management Americas Platform or WMAP − to revamp many of its capabilities in alignment with business goals. Modernizing our trading capabilities is a core focus on this initiative. As WMAP development manager for Capital Markets, you will be a senior technology manager responsible for delivering on the next generation of trading capabilities for our financial advisors.
years of experience working directly in a technology delivery organization
• 10+ years of experiencing in developing trading systems
• Experience in retail wealth management highly desired
• Experience with the full software development life cycle including both traditional waterfall and agile methodologies
• 5+ years of experience managing budgets minimally in the $10-20m range
• Experience presenting, collaborating and building trusted relationships with senior leadership (both business and technology) and technical peers to influence direction
• Ability to drive change and deliver on multi-year strategic initiatives
• Thorough understanding of application development
• Strategic thinker with ability to create multi-year product roadmaps to reach desired target state
• Client focus
• Ability to work across organizational boundaries; astute in working through various groups in a large global enterprise
• Ability to direct the work of vendors as effectively as if they were internal staff
• Comprehensive knowledge of retail wealth management
• Demonstrated ability to identify and manage risk related to project delivery and financials
• Ability to identify and remove bottlenecks across technology and business groups
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent leadership, relationship management and influence skills
• Ability to handle stressful situations with multiple groups
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 185779BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior Development Manager – Capital Markets
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)