UBS Financial Services Technology Operations Analyst in Weehawken, New Jersey
Technology Operations Analyst
United States - New Jersey
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #:
Are you excited about playing a key role in keeping UBS competitive in an increasingly digitized worked?
We are looking for someone who will;
• serve as the application cluster lead as well as provide hands on production support for a number of applications in WMA Operations portfolio
• handle incident escalation and management for
• face off to Operations, Development, Infrastructure staff as well as 3rd party support vendor and work to forge solid relationships with these teams
• conduct deep-dive post-mortems and prioritize remediation activities with delivery teams
• drive process improvement initiatives alongside global production support projects
• manage on-site and off-shore aligned teams; act as mentor and coach for junior members of our team
• be responsible for providing hands-on Level 2 production support of Wealth Management USA's Back Office platforms
• govern production support execution is aligned to existing ITIL framework
• follow effective and efficient operational policies, processes and procedures
• ensure all forms of workload are managed in line with established processes and procedures
• demonstrated working experience with Java, Oracle, Kafka and Unix
• expérience on Mainframes: DB2, JCL, COBOL, CICS, MQ, VSAM a plus
• hands on experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk, Netcool and AppDynamics (similar) - all are very valuable skills for this role; you need to be a hands-on person who can drive innovation
• ability to work closely with the vendors, key stakeholders to plan for cost optimized solutions, manage delivery, implementation, process improvement and production product support.
• possess strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (i.e. you know how to figure problems out)
• possess strong verbal, writing and communication skills
• preferably hands on automation tools
• have a strong ability to solve complex issues
You'll be working with the WMA Operations Development and support teams based out of USA, Poland and India. The TOC team provides quality services to ensure end-to-end production stability and availability by combining optimized utility services with dedicated centers of expertise, ensuring business aligned support, always aiming to foster on customer / user needs. Our measure of success is two-fold – clear and recognized benefits into the L2 line teams and standardization of core ITIL practices at a high maturity level.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science preferred
• ideally 8+ years of experience in IT support role within Financial services industry
• in-depth knowledge demonstrated working experience with Java, Oracle, Kafka and Unix
• core working understanding of Mainframes (technologies – DB2, JCL, COBOL, CICS, MQ, VSAM), and Incident and Problem Management practices
• demonstrated hands-on domain skills and track record of successful projects and deliveries
• demonstrable experience in delivering a quality operational service to customers
• operating in a global team environment
• ITIL qualified & proficient in using Service Now
• adaptable and pragmatic with an ability to stay focused on objectives and a can-do-attitude
• customer orientated and focused on service quality with strong interpersonal skills comfortable at interacting with colleagues at all levels
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.