UBS Financial Services IT System Engineer in Wroclaw, Poland
Are you passionate about Linux Engineering? Do you want to help set the direction and strategy for the Linux operation system? Are you motivated to work in a complex, diverse and global environment? We are looking for an IT System Engineer to join our team and help us to:
• coordinate technical implementation amongst a mixed team of on & off shore team members
• act as an escalation point for 3rd/4th level support issues
• be the interface with vendors on support and development / feature improvement areas
• cooperate with other groups in engineering on delivery of large scale programs
• support new product evaluation and testing
• maintain & improve existing deployment and build mechanisms
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Infrastructure Core is a global organization within Group Technology Infrastructure & Security Engineering providing technology platforms to underpin our partners business applications. You will be part of the Distributed Hosting Services team, which has a global footprint and works with clients and wider team members spread across the world.
Our team provides the server operating systems used throughout the global infrastructure. We integrate them with key infrastructure, ensure they can be operated in the enterprise and provide tools to ensure operational stability through their OS lifecycle.
As an IT System Engineer in our team you will be instrumental in setting the direction and strategy for the Linux operating system across the globe and in designing and building solutions to automate the deployment, configuration and upgrade of these systems. You will be joining a well-established team who will provide invaluable guidance as you grow your knowledge and career. Team work is pivotal to our success, it plays very important role. In addition, we offer flexibility in the workplace and equal opportunities to all our teams.
– exposure to administrating or developing on Linux, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux
– working knowledge/exposure of Python (Puppet as additional asset)
– exposure to continuous integration with Jenkins and Git and building RPMs
– preferably experience in large-scale enterprises
– a committed and visionary team player with analytical and problem-solving skills
– well organized with an innate sense of how to prioritize across a complex environment
– a hands-on person with natural instincts to support our customers
– curious, collaborative and constantly interested in learning new things
– interested in working with containers, Ansible, and CoreOS
– a great communicator with strong interpersonal skills
– fluent in English and eager to work in an English Speaking Global Team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people., Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Job Reference #: 186692BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT System Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)