UBS Financial Services Java Tooling Engineer in Wroclaw, Poland
We are looking for someone with experience and even more important, someone that can add value by coming up with ideas/suggestions to improve current systems. You must understand Middleware technologies and concepts, messaging infrastructure and automation around those systems also be familiar with Unix based operating systems. Last but not least you are a great team player with getting things done attitude.
Your Role is about:
• Designing, developing, coding, providing automation, and debugging of complex integration solutions for various infrastructure systems and modify existing systems with help of modern tools, perform research, analyse specific requirements
• JIRA and Confluence for bug/project tracking
• Evaluating of various programs and developing ways to increase efficiency of tooling by adapting to new technologies
• JAVA based solution development within Middleware area
• Suggest changes for enhancement to the tools, workflow, process and reporting.
Your secondary responsibilities will be:
• Provide support for tracing and analysing defective applications (in development and test)
• Support the customer in case there are problems.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Tooling/Integration Engineer is responsible to work on products, within the Middleware Services team, which are based on Java and support various application servers ( Tomcat, WebSphere , JWS )
• excellent knowledge in Java and solid hands on experience
• good understanding of web services
• Middleware experience/background
• good knowledge and hands on experience in software integration
• experience in implementing various automation solutions (example: HP CSA, Tibco BPM)
• excellent knowledge of Unix, including scripting (example: python).
• worked with various developer tools (like: Eclipse, Ant, Maven, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, TeamCity)
• degree level education
• experienced in implementing various automation solutions around Middleware infrastructure
• A team player as the role involves coordinating activities with resources and communicating clearly to SME's and Application developers.
• Fluent in English (spoken and written)
• Motivated, self-directed and driven
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people., Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Job Reference #: 185958BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Java Tooling Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)