UBS Financial Services Software Engineer/Developer in Wroclaw, Poland
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #:
Do you want to design and build next generation business applications using the latest technologies? Are you excited about cyber security in general and about infrastructure and network vulnerabilities in particular? Is security scanning on various system and device types, further consolidation of scan results in one place and finally providing rich reporting on that sounds challenging to you?
We’re looking for a Software Engineer who will:
• provide cyber security services with solutions that will help finding and remediating security gaps and vulnerabilities across all UBS infrastructure and networks
• analyse, rectify and directly work on technical requirements for deliver artefacts for the Cyber Security services
• design, plan and deliver sustainable solutions using modern programming languages and tools
• provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications
• conduct code reviews and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of SDLC
• see that proper operational controls and procedures are implemented to process moves from dev to test, from test to uat and from uat to prod
You’ll be working in Cyber Security Services in Wroclaw alongside other Engineers that cover the Infrastructure Security Vulnerabilities domain. We in Infrastructure Vulnerabilities Management (IVM) services build and provide innovative and secure solutions to detect, to keep track and to report on various possible infrastructure security issues in order to enable the bank to organize security patching activities on as many types of infrastructure, both on premise and in cloud, as possible across the globe. As a Software Engineer, you’ll play an important role in ensuring the above mentioned targets are achieved by providing the best possible designed and implemented within the required timelines.
• experience coding in Python and/or C#
• at least conceptual understanding of relation databases; ability to write SQL queries (TSQL; PL/SQL)
• basic Unix (Linux) knowledge: basic commands, shell scripting, basic sys-admin tasks and some knowledge of the network stack including TCP/UDP, OSI model
• worked with version control systems (SVN, GIT, etc.)
• experience using with build and deployment automation tools (TeamCity, Jenkins, etc.)
• designed, planned and delivered solutions in a large scale enterprise environment
• bachelor's degree or equivalent with a focus in computer science or any engineering specialization in general
• worked with Azure cloud or any other cloud tech provider.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.