UBS Financial Services Compliance & Operational Risk Control Specialist in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you risk averse? Do you know how to maintain independence and objectivity? We are looking for someone like that who can:
– act as a compliance and operational risk control subject-matter expert for the central Financial Crime unit, supporting them in managing a global model for client risk rating
– run a change management process / change board that ensures transparency on and appropriate prioritization of change requests
– engage with a global community of stakeholders in Financial Crime and Business units
– ensure risk frameworks are designed well and operating effectively
– deliver independent risk assessment and reports that shed light on our risk profile
– review model parameters and thresholds on a regular basis for appropriateness, and support internal model validation assessments
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS HR Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working in the Risk Assessments and Analytics team within global Financial Crime function. We work as a gatekeeper in preventing money laundering, terrorism financing, sanctions and corruption risks for the bank. Our role is to perform group level risk assessments, evaluate money laundering risks linked to countries, and carry out systematic data analytics exercises on a client level.
– a Master degree (MS or MA) in: Economics, applied mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering or statistics
– experience in risk management, risk control, audit or compliance
– a sound understanding of risk models, model methodology and model validation
– advanced knowledge of R or Python, and SQL is a plus
– a gift for using numerical analysis, statistics and mathematics to solve practical problems
– good record keeping and report drafting skills
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 179997BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Compliance & Operational Risk Control Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Compliance, Risk