UBS Financial Services Data Analyst / Data Scientist, Zurich in Zürich, Switzerland
Do you enjoy transforming data into visuals that support people to take actions and reduce risks? Do you have an analytical mind and a passion to understand the “why” and “how” as much as the “what”? We are looking for someone to enhance our data analytics & reporting team within Business Risk Management Switzerland to support the Global UHNW Business Risk Organization in monitoring their operational risks. GUHNW is part of Global Wealth Management focusing on the wealthiest individuals and families with most sophisticated needs. Among other tasks, you will support us with the following:
• designing, implementing and maintaining innovative dynamic risk dashboards in Switzerland as well as supporting the roll-out in other important UBS locations
• transfer existing prototype solutions into strategic solutions in close collaboration with Business Risk Management colleagues
• actively collaborating with other teams and Subject Matter Experts to identify relevant data sources, help develop value-add assessments and properly measure level of risk
• establishing relationships with GUHNW Business Risk Organization to identify and address risk areas in the organization
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Business Risk Management UBS Switzerland (BRM UBS CH) supports front units and a variety of stakeholders in the implementation and maintenance of business risk analysis and controls. Measures for mitigating risk are defined, addressed in the relevant authorities and implemented.
The Data Analytics, Solutions and Reporting Team is part of BRM UBS CH and responsible for analysis, data sourcing, operation and further development of BRM applications. Diverse business stakeholders and teams of Subject Matter Experts of different risk taxonomies are supported by the team with transparency or deep dive analysis on the implemented controls.
• a university degree, preferably in an analytical field (Math, Statistics, Physics, Finance or IT)
• relevant work experience of 1-3 years related to the above mentioned responsibilities
• a good understanding of SQL, Python /R and experience in visualizing data using Tableau
• strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• basic knowledge in additional data analytics / visualization tools such as SAS, Microsoft BI or similar tools
• communication, presentation and project management skills
• an analytic thinker who likes to drive topics from prototyping to final implementation in collaboration with different stakeholders
• able to interact well with all levels of employees within a global organization
• experienced in working in international business environment, preferably at a financial services company and/or within risk related topics
• fluent in English (verbal and written)
• able to speak at least intermediate German, as that is the main language spoken within the team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 182377BR
Business Divisions: Personal & Corporate Banking
Title: Data Analyst / Data Scientist, Zurich
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Business management, administration and support