UBS Financial Services Environment and Social Risk Specialist in Zürich, Switzerland
Environment and Social Risk Specialist
Switzerland - Zürich
Job Reference #:
Are you skilled in risk modelling methodologies and/or conducting risk assessments? Do you have a good understanding , or a strong interest in climate science? Would you like to address environmental and social issues in the world today?
We're looking for a risk control specialist to:
• Support implementation of the recommendation of the Financial Stability Board’s Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) by further developing UBS's climate policy, risk management and disclosure.
• Contribute to portfolio reviews and support the team in reviewing and further developing ESR standards and risk appetite, risk quantification and methodology, tools and processes;
• Assess environmental and social risks in client on-boarding and transaction due diligence
You’ll be working in a Environmental & Social Risk Control [ESR] team in Switzerland. And you’ll play a vital role in seeing that the necessary risk frameworks are appropriately embedded across the firm. As a risk control specialist you’ll lead second line of defense activities and partner with the business to manage regulatory and associated risks.
As a part of Group Risk Control, ESR has firm-wide responsibility for the development and implementation of principles and controls to manage ESR and associated reputational risks. In this capacity we also implement the recommendations of the Financial Stability Board’s Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD). We develop and implement the ESR framework and conduct ESR assessments across the firm. We advise senior management in advancing UBS's strategy on climate, environmental, and human rights principles that safeguard the firm's reputation for responsible corporate conduct. In addition, we contribute to UBS's external reporting and communications in these areas.
We are a small, but efficient team, driven by protecting the firm and its clients from environmental and social issues.
• a university degree or post-graduate qualification in environmental, climate or sustainability studies, economics, business administration, international affairs or a related field
• 3-5 years of experience in a risk control or business function in the financial sector; consideration given for an ESG or sustainability background in the corporate sector
• a good understanding of, or interest in, climate science and/or scenario-based analysis, and/or a good understanding of risk quantification and modeling methodologies in the banking sector
• a good understanding of, or strong interest in, environmental and social risk issues and quantification
• skilled communicator who adapts style to audience and conveys clear, accurate and concise information
• business focused and a good project manager
• able to work independently and across a broad agenda, and with a diverse network of internal clients and across various cultures
• able to engage stakeholders towards building consensus and buy-in
• critical thinker focused on details, with solid analytical and reporting skills
• energetic, self-directed, outcome-oriented, hardworking and collaborative team player
• fluent in English a must, other languages a plus
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.