UBS Financial Services Financial Accountant in Zürich, Switzerland
Switzerland - Zürich
Job Reference #:
Are you a motivated self-starter? Do you have the know-how for analyzing financial information? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
review and analysis of the monthly, quarterly and yearly financial information of UBS Switzerland AG and of the two business divisions Personal and Corporate Banking and Wealth Management
review individual special transactions and accounting topics for correct reporting and presentation in line with IFRS and other internal and external reporting requirements
develop and run a conception review on specific accounting topics (e.g. treasury)
maintain close relationship and business partnering with the teams producing the accounting information
be in contact with CFO, Group Treasury, Group Accounting, Operations and other key areas of the bank to understand and document accounting of specific, complex transactions and accounting topics also across entities
answer ad-hoc request from senior management
have primary responsibility for accounting changes arising from changes in the requirements through new standards, New Business Initiatives and others
be accountable for signing off the entity accounts towards the Regional Controller, you are the primary contact for issue and questions relating to your entity and areas of responsibilities
support on various internal and external reporting requirements
You’ll be working in the Regional Controlling Switzerland team in Zurich. Our role is to perform the financial and management accounting of all UBS entities in Switzerland. Additionally, for P&C and WM we perform a quarterly review of the divisional global Balance Sheet and respective Notes.
We ensure complete, correct and auditable reporting satisfying internal and external requirements.
– University degree in Accounting / Finance combined with a Swiss CPA or equivalent
– 3 to 5 years in public accounting / audit (big 4 experience would be an advantage), including a very good understanding of IFRS
– Experience with financial services industry would be an advantage
– Knowledge of Swiss GAAP, FINMA and SNB reporting requirements would be an advantage
– Strong in analytical skills as well as in excellent problem solving skills
– Excellent in communication skills and the ability to interact with staff at all levels
– Willing and able to bring technical requirements and operational reporting needs in an efficient manner together
– Proficient user of MS Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint), SAP (BW), MCR, GGL and GEAR knowledge would be an asset
– Fluent in English; German would be an additional asset
– Hands-on, pro-active, flexible and committed
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.