UBS Financial Services Machine Learning Engineer in Zürich, Switzerland
Machine Learning Engineer
Switzerland - Zürich
Quantitative Analysis, Research, Risk
Job Reference #:
Are you fascinated by advanced analytics leveraging not only statistics but also the latest deep learning machine learning methodologies & technologies?
Are you innovative, analytical and deeply motivated by the fascinating and bound to grow world of Cyber Security?
Are you willing to play an active role within our worldwide UBS Cyber Defense environment?
We are looking for such a person to:
develop advanced cyber detection models using statistics and machine learning leveraging essentially deep learning
detect with those models not only potential malicious activities within the UBS IT infrastructure but also technically complex cyber-attacks in early phases of attack lifecycle
use the latest big data technologies for those models to evolve on our daily growing multi-terabytes cyber data lake
apply the latest software engineering techniques for those models to reach full automation and integration within our 24/7 fully robotized Security Analytics platform (SECA)
You’ll be working in the Advanced Detection team, part of the Cyber Operations group, and be based within the mission control center in Zurich. The Cyber Operations group is a global team with people in Singapore, Zurich and the New York area. This group encompasses numerous types of information security incidents like phishing, malware and denial of service to name a few. It is an empowered group who always strives for continuous improvement.
– experience in a role as a machine learning engineer, data scientist, quantitative analyst and/or quantitative model developer. Ideally part of this experience would be in the field of security
– at least a bachelor degree in a quantitative, scientific or technological area (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science…)
– strong programming skills in Python and practical experience with one of its mainstream deep learning frameworks (Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch)
– a practical knowledge of several techniques & methodologies used in advanced analytics: Statistics, deep learning (Neural networks architecture research and hyper-parameters tuning), …
– information security know-how, experience with data engineering and also preferably with big data technologies (Spark…)
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills when dealing with complex issues and the ability to take personal ownership and drive remediation
– a team player who is always professional while also having the human touch
– capable of understanding needs of stakeholders and of converting requests into products and services
– very fluent in English with the ability to describe complex concepts and technologies with simple explanations
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS AG Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.