UBS Financial Services Name Screening Specialist in Zürich, Switzerland
The Global Searches Solution Team within Financial Crime and Conduct Risk is responsible for ensuring the day-to-day operational effectiveness of the Bank’s primary AML / KYC system. The system is used globally to check the names of new customers, partners, vendors, and employees against AML relevant names, for example sanctioned parties, PEPs (Politically Exposed Persons), and names of parties included on other national and international regulatory lists.
The role involves a varied range of tasks, including:
• Qualification of hit-lists generated by the AML / KYC name-search solution
• Analyzing hits to determine if they are AML-relevant and require follow-up
• Coordinate inquiries on a global level to gather case relevant information to support risk assessment decisions
• Assess and review data maintained in the AML / KYC system and support defining processes and operating models.
Some of your tasks and responsibilities are well defined and easy to understand so that you are quickly up and running to qualify hits and take respective follow up actions. Others require detailed introduction and training before you are enabled to manage your tasks and provide the expected results according to priorities. Every day brings new and interesting challenges.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working for the Financial Crime Prevention Department, expected to be a role model for the key company behaviors: Integrity, Collaboration and Challenge; hence you will have a strong sense of responsibility – a desire to do the right thing to ensure the success of UBS.
Our objective is to create an environment where financial crime is difficult to perpetrate and detected at the earliest opportunity in order to protect UBS clients and assets and provide optimum levels of shareholder and regulatory assurance. We aim to streamline and innovate processes to be as efficient and effective as possible.
– ideally a university degree or experience in Banking (front or back office role) including possibly other areas of Legal and Compliance.
– strong analytical and communication skills
– a high level of intellect
– confidence to challenge the status quo and demonstrate strong risk awareness
– a vision for how processes can be simplified or improved
– attention to details
– able to prioritize, to assess information, to make decisions and to communicate and support those decisions with rational argument.
– highly motivated, dedicated and with a can do attitude
– innovative and proactive in order to achieve your goals.
– fluent in German or English or have a reasonable grasp of German or English (in this case prepared to learn).
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people., Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Job Reference #: 183889BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Name Screening Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Compliance, Risk