UBS Financial Services Quantitative Risk Modeler in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you interested in quantitative risk modeling and knowledgeable of statistical, mathematical and econometrical models used in the financial industry? Are you an innovative thinker who likes to challenge the status quo and apply new analytical techniques to solving quantitative problems? Do you enjoy working in a highly specialized team to develop and deliver solutions? Then we are looking for someone like that to develop statistical and stress loss based credit models:
– Understand credit portfolio specifics and business requirements
– Analyze credit and macroeconomic data and identify patterns
– Assess and select different possible model specifications and calibrations
– Implement model specification as prototypes using R, SAS, etc. codes
– Perform impact analysis, support communication to business
– Prepare model documentation, support model performance and confirmation tests
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
UBS HR Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working in Credit Methodology Retail in Zurich. We develop, refine, implement and maintain mathematical, statistical and stress testing models to measure credit risk of the UBS's Retail and Wholesale portfolios for regulatory and business steering purposes. This specifically includes PD/LGD/EAD modelling, macroeconomic scenario loss models, credit allowance models, real estate valuation tools, portfolio and single client monitoring tools, etc. We interact with a number departments across the bank (incl. Front Office, Finance, IT, Credit Risk Management, Business pricing / steering) on a regular basis. For the development of our methodologies, we use techniques from quantitative risk management, financial mathematics and econometrics. Models are implemented mainly in R or SAS, before being embedded into the productive risk infrastructure.
• Master's or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Financial Engineering, Economics, Finance, Computer Science)
• Good coding skills preferably in R or SAS
• Sound knowledge of statistical and econometric methods and their application in financial institutions
• Experience with big data is a plus
• Strong analytical, conceptual and organizational skills
• Outstanding conceptual and analytical capabilities combined with very good interpersonal and communication skills
• Experienced in concise communication esp. writing
• Fluent in English, German is a plus
• Able to deliver high quality results in a fast pace environment with tight deadlines
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 176902BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Quantitative Risk Modeler
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Risk