UBS Financial Services Quantitative Risk Specialist, temporary 12 months in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you an expert in analytics? Do you know how to work well within a team and deliver sophisticated solutions? We're looking for someone like that to:
• Assume responsibilities for the development, maintanance and constant refinement and calibration of all our models for the corporates and retail porfolios, in line with the regulatory and accounting requirements.
• Support the development of stress testing / macro economic scenario models, PD/LGD/EAD models as well as risk-based monitoring tools
• Support key stakeholder with portfolio as well as single client analysis and presentations
• Support key regulatory projects of the bank as required e.g. IFRS9, CCAR, Basel IV and other
• Contribute to the data and systems improvement
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Within Credit Methodology, which is part of Risk Methodology, we are responsible for the
development and maintenance of all firm-wide credit risk models. Those include among
others the Bank's models for assessing default probabilities (PDs), loss given defaults
(LGDs), Exposure at Default (EaD for traded products and banking products) and associated
credit portfolio models . In
addition, the team develops macroecomomic scenario models used for stress testing or in the context of new regulatory requirements such as CCAR or IFRS9. It is
also the team responsibility to develop and maintain all valuation tools for real estate
collateral as well as any other models supporting business and underwriting processes.
• a Master’s or PhD degree in a quantitative field like Financial Mathematics, Statistics or
• a sound practical understanding of macro- and microeconomic relationships as well as
financial markets and products
• a prior working experience in a credit risk environment would be beneficial together with
knowledge of regulatory practice
• experience with large data sets / Big Data
• experience with high-level programming language, and knowledge of statistical modelling
software (e.g., SAS, R, MatLab)
• excellent communication skills with colleagues at all levels in the organization
• the ability to explain technical topics clearly and intuitively, both written and orally
• Drive innovation
• collaboration and team-orientation, while being able to complete tasks independently with a
high quality standard
• pro-active in taking new initiatives and carrying them through completion
• fluent in English, both in oral and written form
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 141886BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Quantitative Risk Specialist, temporary 12 months
Job Type: Temporary
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Risk