UBS Financial Services Risk Control Specialist - Counterparty Crisis Management, temporary in Zürich, Switzerland
Are you an expert on risk? Do you know how to perform risk assessments and implement risk processes? We’re looking for someone who will:
– assist with the preparation and implementation of special operational measures during counterparty incidents
– coordinate risk process reviews or ad-hoc risk assessments for different businesses
– make sure that all counterparty and country crisis events are dealt with in a disciplined, timely and efficient manner
– ensure that all risk process and framework documentation is regularly reviewed and updated
– support the remediation of issues arising from counterparty and country crisis situations
– work on risk process improvement initiatives
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Counterparty Crisis Management( CCM) function in Zürich, Switzerland. We are responsible for the Halt-of-Business (HOB) process as well as the governance of the CCM framework. The HOB process subsumes the global, firm-wide coordination of all risk identifying, managing and mitigating activities triggered by Credit Officers for IB credit counterparties in financial distress. In a crisis situation, the CCM function supports the chair of the Risk Control Crisis Committee and co-ordinates risk management and mitigation actions.
– a university degree in finance, economics, business administration or numerical discipline
– several years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably in risk management and/or operations (settlement functions)
– strong analytical skills
– excellent skills in Microsoft Office® tools
– able to respond quickly to notifications from Risk Officers about counterparties in financial distress
– capable of quickly and independently familiarizing yourself with new topics and able to keep to predefined timelines without close supervision
– a great communicator (and you know how to handle challenging situations)
– team-orientated, while able to complete tasks independently
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 185328BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Risk Control Specialist - Counterparty Crisis Management, temporary
Job Type: Full Time, Temporary / Contract
Country / State: Switzerland, Switzerland - Central Plateau, Switzerland - Central Switzerland, Switzerland - Eastern Switzerland, Switzerland - Northern Switzerland, Switzerland - Ticino, Switzerland - Western Switzerland, Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Risk